BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Our 2016 Mineral Grey X1 M-Sport (Vancouver, Canada!)

03-22-2016, 01:24 AM   #1
TSiSPY007
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 335i xDrive;16 X1;96 4G63T

Our 2016 Mineral Grey X1 M-Sport (Vancouver, Canada!)

Hi guys!

Picked up our new 2016 Mineral Grey X1 xDrive 28i M-Sport with Mocha Dakota Leather interior earlier this evening... thought we ordered the Fineline Stream Wood Trim with Chrome Highlights, but came with the High-Gloss Black Trim instead. Bit disappointed about that, 'cuz wanted something "warmer" vs. the hexagonal aluminum trim in our F30 M-Sport 335i xDrive. Our sales contact will check on it tomorrow morning.

Sorry I can't post pics till tomorrow evening... wanted to start the thread on the actual day of delivery, but tough juggling things with a 5-month old at home. However, I can definitely confirm that the M-Sport looks very nice in person, and the "fat", "bubbly" rear treatment isn't so fat and bubbly in person; I think it's just right. The front is muscular and the new M-Treatment is gorgeous. The tires do look a bit thin from the back (and the offset could be a bit more aggressive), but it drives great. The 19's with the Bridgestone S001 RFT's definitely let you feel the little crannies in the pavement, but I kinda like that... I don't know if the suspension is different than the non-M-Sports we tested back in November/December 2015. Didn't have much time to play with anything since I have a work seminar to present tomorrow, so finishing that up now. "New" iDrive system seems very userfriendly. Will post more (including pics) tomorrow night!

Excited to finally have it delivered and officially join the F48 family! The 10-week wait flew by with the help of our little BabyGirl. haha. Bitter-sweet to see our beloved 2003 A4 1.8T Quattro Avant Sport left at the lot, but ecstatic with the new ride and the (on-road) adventures ahead.

Fred

Edit: Here's a few pics from the evening of delivery on March 21, 2016... baby was fussing and wifey got anxious so just a few quick pics. Don't mind my amateur point-and-shoot skills!

The daytime pics are from morning after delivery (March 22), and the parking lot pics are from today (March 23) showing size comparo between the F48 and the current gen SantaFe Sport.
Attached Images

Last edited by TSiSPY007; 03-25-2016 at 10:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 01:45 AM   #2
hart4bmw
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Sdrive20i (2016)

Congrats !! Some pics please !!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 06:21 AM   #3
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4bmw View Post
Congrats !! Some pics please !!
+1:
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 06:43 AM   #4
PF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i M Sport

Congrats on picking up your new car! Look forward to seeing some shots in your beautfiful city.

With the Fineline Stream Wood trim maybe it's not such a bad thing to not have it. It's personal taste of course, but having seen it in real life on a couple of M Sport cars it seemed a little out of place. Maybe it goes better on an X Line.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
Mr.Raj
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 28i xLine

Congratulations.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #6
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats. Nice spec. Pics ...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 07:55 PM   #7
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2020 X5 40i

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
2020 Bmw X5 40i  [0.00]
congrats fellow vancouverite! Mine is supposed to arrive within a month!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 10:32 PM   #8
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Congrats on the new X1
I am loving mine
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 01:54 AM   #9
TSiSPY007
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks, guys! Updated original post with some pics...

More thoughts later... exhausting day!

Fred
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 03:01 AM   #10
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewx1 View Post
Congrats on picking up your new car! Look forward to seeing some shots in your beautfiful city.

With the Fineline Stream Wood trim maybe it's not such a bad thing to not have it. It's personal taste of course, but having seen it in real life on a couple of M Sport cars it seemed a little out of place. Maybe it goes better on an X Line.
+1 I had ordered finleline and mocha as I wanted something different from the aluminium in most of our recent cars. However after seeing pictures of the combination yesterday I think the tones of the browns clash so I have changed the order to brushed aluminium. Really wanted the Matt Oak though...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 03:08 AM   #11
hart4bmw
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Sdrive20i (2016)

Very very very nice pics ! Cool car !! Very nice with the mocha leather !
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 04:01 AM   #12
M-Nick
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congrats.
Very nice car
I didn't know you could have the satin aluminium trim on the M Sport, thought they all came with the high-gloss shadowline.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 04:49 AM   #13
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Nick View Post
Congrats.
Very nice car
I didn't know you could have the satin aluminium trim on the M Sport, thought they all came with the high-gloss shadowline.
I am not a big fan of the look of the M Sport version in general, HOWEVER imo this combination of colour and satin trim looks the best - by quite some margin.

Verrrry nice looking car - congrats Fred.

I hope I am as pleased with my XLine when it arrives (fingers crossed) in May
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 05:17 AM   #14
PF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i M Sport

Wow that's a beautiful car, thanks for updating your post with pics!

The satin trim looks great with Mineral Grey, gives it more contrast. Didn't know you could pick that option.

The glossy black interior trim works well with mocha actually, and also matches the rest of the black trim in the lower dash & console that all cars have. Nice combo.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 11:02 AM   #15
Jing2016
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2016 M SPORT

You said you just waited for 10 weeks to get the baby from ordering to deliver? That's fast. I ordered mine on Dec. 31,2015 and I am still waiting for the transportation from Halifax to Toronto. The ship arrived in Halifax port on March 1, but the car seemed to be staying there forever. The ETA was March 16, 2016. But I doubt if I could get it by the end of the month. Anybody share your Canadian order timeline with me? Thanks in advance. Anyways, congrats bro.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #16
loukas135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Great color ! The 19"s are great. I will miss the larger set at the rear available on the E84 though. FWD - reactive XDrive would make no sense I guess for larger rear wheels ...

Regardless, beautiful. Mineral grey is a great color.

Congrats !
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 10:59 PM   #17
Theoneandonly
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F22 218i M Sport, F48 18d xLin

MG looks great, wish that colour was available where I am.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 06:06 AM   #18
Veiled
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

That's an absolute stunner! Can't wait to get mine in a month or so...

-j-
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 10:46 PM   #19
TSiSPY007
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the nice comments! Fun car to boot around town with, for sure.

Jing2016, we ordered it in December and was told it would go into production in Jan 2016, and got a txt saying it was at the depot here in Vancouver around March 7th.

GuyOh, Bill-P, you'll love yours! GuyOh, I'm surprised at how many active members on the X1 forums are from Vancouver. We're actually in Richmond... maybe we'll see you around!

mynewx1, the piano black does look nice (we enjoyed it in our previous A4, too), but is a fingerprint and dust magnet (like I've read commented on in other threads!). It does go nice with the black trim that'll always be in around the gear-selector.

TheBeast, we also would've loved the matte oak, but not sure why they didn't offer it on the M-Sport.

M-Nick, we're surprised about the aluminum trim around the window too! Thought it'd look less sleek and wanted the black shadow-line trim of the M-Sport... seems like they made another mistake (along with the black interior trim rather than the fineline stream wood). Our sales said they made a mistake with the wood and will be swapping it with another unit ASAP (if we decide to do so still). Should I chase them for the shadowline window trim?? Thought i'd look odd on an M-Sport, but looks "ok" so far...

We were surprised we couldn't order the M-Sport with the sliding back seats and the "electronic" release on the rear seat-backs... no idea why they won't let you just option it all out. They would've been super useful! The front seat position is cozy but not too bad with a childseat positioned directly behind on the rear bench.

The trunk is actually a bit shorter than in our outgoing 2003 A4 Avant (surprisingly), but the extra cubby under the trunk floorboard and the extra headroom makes up for it.

Overall the baby-ute is very nice to drive around because of the "openness" of the cabin and the sight-lines.

The HK sound seems even better than in our 2013 F30 (psychological?). The dakota leather feels nicer than in the F30, too, but we noticed that during all 3 testdrives of the F48.

The 19's with the RFT's gives a more jarring ride than expected, which I do like and wife (and other passengers) don't seem to mind.

(Added pic of the trade-in 2003 A4 Avant for completeness. :P )

Fred
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2016, 11:04 PM   #20
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F48 X1 (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiSPY007
Thanks for the nice comments! Fun car to boot around town with, for sure.

Jing2016, we ordered it in December and was told it would go into production in Jan 2016, and got a txt saying it was at the depot here in Vancouver around March 7th.

GuyOh, Bill-P, you'll love yours! GuyOh, I'm surprised at how many active members on the X1 forums are from Vancouver. We're actually in Richmond... maybe we'll see you around!

mynewx1, the piano black does look nice (we enjoyed it in our previous A4, too), but is a fingerprint and dust magnet (like I've read commented on in other threads!). It does go nice with the black trim that'll always be in around the gear-selector.

TheBeast, we also would've loved the matte oak, but not sure why they didn't offer it on the M-Sport.

M-Nick, we're surprised about the aluminum trim around the window too! Thought it'd look less sleek and wanted the black shadow-line trim of the M-Sport... seems like they made another mistake (along with the black interior trim rather than the fineline stream wood). Our sales said they made a mistake with the wood and will be swapping it with another unit ASAP (if we decide to do so still). Should I chase them for the shadowline window trim?? Thought i'd look odd on an M-Sport, but looks "ok" so far...

We were surprised we couldn't order the M-Sport with the sliding back seats and the "electronic" release on the rear seat-backs... no idea why they won't let you just option it all out. They would've been super useful! The front seat position is cozy but not too bad with a childseat positioned directly behind on the rear bench.

The trunk is actually a bit shorter than in our outgoing 2003 A4 Avant (surprisingly), but the extra cubby under the trunk floorboard and the extra headroom makes up for it.

Overall the baby-ute is very nice to drive around because of the "openness" of the cabin and the sight-lines.

The HK sound seems even better than in our 2013 F30 (psychological?). The dakota leather feels nicer than in the F30, too, but we noticed that during all 3 testdrives of the F48.

The 19's with the RFT's gives a more jarring ride than expected, which I do like and wife (and other passengers) don't seem to mind.

(Added pic of the trade-in 2003 A4 Avant for completeness. :P )

Fred
Very nice color and interior ! Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 05:02 AM   #21
Remmm
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F48 Alpinweiss

Woooowh..... Very Nice... I am also not so fond of the M-sport but i really really like this combination.....

Nice to see that Ikea is everywhere the same
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 05:07 AM   #22
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiSPY007 View Post

Fred
I originally had Piano Black specced on my XLine. I have since changed this to "Fineline Matt Oak interior trim with Pearl Chrome finisher" as I did not realise the Piano Black did not have the Pearl Chrome finisher on the doors (which I think looks much better) - and also because of the feedback on dust, scratches and fingerprints.

Just my own opinion - but I think the aluminum window trim makes your M-Sport look really nice (not just OK).
Appreciate 0