F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > H&R springs with Dinan Shockware?
GetBMWParts

03-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
MFerr30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive Msport

H&R springs with Dinan Shockware?

Hey guys, I'm looking into different options for lowering my '13 335 xdrive. I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience running this combination?
      03-23-2016, 06:33 AM   #2
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Not H&R, but I have ACS springs + Shockware on my F34, and I can't imagine going back to stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
MFerr30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipilcher
Not H&R, but I have ACS springs + Shockware on my F34, and I can't imagine going back to stock.
Are ACS springs similar to H&R? In terms of how much they lower the car and is it a progressive spring rate?

I want to know if the shockware performs as well with a spring that is softer than Dinan's and lowers the car more.
      03-26-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
CQVD330
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i MPPSK

Garage List
There are few threads on this. The search engine will lead you to them.
I have H&R sport with shockware and love every aspect of it. No regrets.
2017 340i LCI //Glacier Silver Metallic //xDrive//MPPSK//Premium Package//M sport brakes //Vossen 20" CV7//6 MT//Performance front spoiler//Performance side blades//Performance diffuser//Performance trunk spoiler//Tinted//Coded//Painted reflectors//Matte black 340i badge//Powder coated MPPSK tips
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2016, 07:43 PM   #5
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Here's some very basic questions:

1. Does Dinan sell (matched) springs?
2. If so, why not use them instead of H&R?

http://www.dinancars.com/product/d90...ries&mid=1205/

Quote:
DINAN® Shockware™ can be used as a stand alone upgrade. However, your BMW performs best when paired with the DINAN® Performance Suspension System or any performance spring sets.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #6
MFerr30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQVD330 View Post
There are few threads on this. The search engine will lead you to them.
I have H&R sport with shockware and love every aspect of it. No regrets.
Thanks for the feedback! That's good to hear you're happy with the setup. How long have you been running this combination? I did search the treads but didnt see a centralized thread for this setup. I wanted to gather more info in one place, mainly for myself but for others too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Here's some very basic questions:

1. Does Dinan sell (matched) springs?
2. If so, why not use them instead of H&R?
1. Yes they do. And this is my other option if I found a lot of bad reviews with the shockware combined with H&R springs.
2. I'm looking at H&R's over the Dinan springs bc they lower the car more.
      03-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #7
CQVD330
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I went with the H&R's mainly for their reputation and Dinan did not offered theirs at that time. I did not want to wait. No regrets at all with the H&R's and it's been 2 years aleeady.

The shockware brought back the stock feeling ie even if the shocks are now more compressed with the lowering springs, the cars is not bouncy at all. It's magic. In super sport , it feels like its on rails ;-). When you want to have something smoother without going boatier , again Dinan did and exçellent job even in comfort mode.

Do not hesitate to go for it. Dinan or H&R is your call but you have to have the shockware installed.

Thanks
2017 340i LCI //Glacier Silver Metallic //xDrive//MPPSK//Premium Package//M sport brakes //Vossen 20" CV7//6 MT//Performance front spoiler//Performance side blades//Performance diffuser//Performance trunk spoiler//Tinted//Coded//Painted reflectors//Matte black 340i badge//Powder coated MPPSK tips
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 09:12 AM   #8
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Shockware is designed to be paired with Dinan springs but is compatible with any lowering spring. They will all yield varying degrees of benefit.

Obviously at least a few H&R patrons like the combo. =)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 01:27 PM   #9
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Also Dinan springs, I imagine, would keep the Dinan warranty, while H&R springs that if you ever go in for suspension-related issues, you're out of luck.
      04-06-2016, 05:48 AM   #10
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Quote:
I went with the H&R's mainly for their reputation and Dinan did not offered theirs at that time. I did not want to wait. No regrets at all with the H&R's and it's been 2 years aleeady.

The shockware brought back the stock feeling ie even if the shocks are now more compressed with the lowering springs, the cars is not bouncy at all. It's magic. In super sport , it feels like its on rails ;-). When you want to have something smoother without going boatier , again Dinan did and exçellent job even in comfort mode.

Do not hesitate to go for it. Dinan or H&R is your call but you have to have the shockware installed.

Thanks
I was looking at pics of your car and I would like to go the same route. H&R sport with 245/40-19 and 275/35-19. You still happy with those tire sizes? Any rubbing in normal driving scenarios?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #11
CQVD330
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER
Quote:

Thanks
I was looking at pics of your car and I would like to go the same route. H&R sport with 245/40-19 and 275/35-19. You still happy with those tire sizes? Any rubbing in normal driving scenarios?
No rubbing at all ! even with 4 adults in the car.
No worries
And yes very happy with this tire set-up.
Those Velgens are dead on as for ET in combo with these tire sizes.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 12:37 PM   #12
MFerr30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Thanks
Bad news, my beloved F30 is one of the select few that the Shockware is not compatible with. I'm so bummed about it. I was really really really looking forward to it. Possible silver lining is that my shop said they downloaded my car's specs or what-not to send to Dinan for them to look into it. Not sure if they can work around what's preventing my car from accepting the shockware. But if they do, I have money ready to throw their way.

The Good News, I had H&R sport springs installed & so far (all 20 hours) I love them! The ride is just fine, not any noticeably firmer than stock & not any bouncier either. I actually thinks it's more compliant on the streets I've driven on so far. Also had some BMS spacers put on so looking right too.
      04-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #13
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFerr30 View Post
Bad news, my beloved F30 is one of the select few that the Shockware is not compatible with. I'm so bummed about it. I was really really really looking forward to it. Possible silver lining is that my shop said they downloaded my car's specs or what-not to send to Dinan for them to look into it. Not sure if they can work around what's preventing my car from accepting the shockware. But if they do, I have money ready to throw their way.

The Good News, I had H&R sport springs installed & so far (all 20 hours) I love them! The ride is just fine, not any noticeably firmer than stock & not any bouncier either. I actually thinks it's more compliant on the streets I've driven on so far. Also had some BMS spacers put on so looking right too.
What exactly was the issue that caused it to not be compatible with?
      05-15-2016, 01:42 AM   #14
Arkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 xdrive sedan

Quote:
:

You just have H&R Sport Springs with stock shocks? I would like this setup too...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #15
MFerr30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkini
Quote:
:

You just have H&R Sport Springs with stock shocks? I would like this setup too...
Yep, H&R sport springs with the stock adjustable EDC shocks.