F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Finally!
Studio RSR

03-24-2016, 03:27 AM   #1
Englishbloke
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d TB

Finally!

It's the big day tomorrow.

Any tips on things to check when collecting the car?

My biggest concern is the very expensive TB paint and making sure it's up to 'scratch'. The dealer are applying GardX and I'm hoping they have done a reasonable job!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 03:31 AM   #2
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Have a great weekend then
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 04:12 AM   #3
Esto-Grande
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d Gran Coupe

All I can recommend is to take your order sheet with you to make sure the spec is correct and all options fitted.

Not BMW, but I know of owners getting a manual instead of auto and vice versa.

Interior trim wrong colour.

I went to see ours last week, so all seems good, as long as they haven't leaned it.

Good Luck for tomorrow.
      03-24-2016, 04:34 AM   #4
Englishbloke
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks guys

Been going through the usual doubts and then excitement phases Who spends this much on a car!? It's the best money I've ever spent! But what if I loose my job!? You only live once! Etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 05:32 AM   #5
Randolph13
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M Sport Shadow

Take some photos of the car before handover just in case you later see a problem and get it properly detailed as soon as you can afford it as dealers often do not do the best job when it comes to paintwork protection.

Enjoy the car
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 05:43 AM   #6
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340d

Garage List
Congrats...take along with you the order sheet. But before hand you can use your VIN to confirm in bmwvin that all boxes you have ticked is in place.
Take a copy of BMW insurance and your driving license(without this they wont release the car)
Make a list of things like V5C, keys etc for the part ex car, collect the small bit from old V5C if you need to send it to DVLA for tax refund and also the necessary docs which you need to collect from the dealer along with your new car, both the keys, etc. This list also should contain the list of items you may swap for e.g. like boot mat, phone cables, child seats, etc.

Important is ask them to get your car in a nice dry and clean area for the handover and before signing make sure you have a walk around of the cars to ensure its upto the mark including the swapped black grilles and the old grilles in the boot. Mileage in the dash is marked in the document..etc.

And please do post some good pictures of TB enjoy
      03-24-2016, 05:46 AM   #7
Englishbloke
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnanv
Congrats...take along with you the order sheet. But before hand you can use your VIN to confirm in bmwvin that all boxes you have ticked is in place.
Take a copy of BMW insurance and your driving license(without this they wont release the car)
Make a list of things like V5C, keys etc for the part ex car, collect the small bit from old V5C if you need to send it to DVLA for tax refund and also the necessary docs which you need to collect from the dealer along with your new car, both the keys, etc. This list also should contain the list of items you may swap for e.g. like boot mat, phone cables, child seats, etc.

Important is ask them to get your car in a nice dry and clean area for the handover and before signing make sure you have a walk around of the cars to ensure its upto the mark including the swapped black grilles and the old grilles in the boot. Mileage in the dash is marked in the document..etc.

And please do post some good pictures of TB enjoy
Thanks

Apparently there is no need to provide proof of insurance anymore.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 07:19 AM   #8
KS_340i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishbloke View Post
It's the big day tomorrow.

Any tips on things to check when collecting the car?

My biggest concern is the very expensive TB paint and making sure it's up to 'scratch'. The dealer are applying GardX and I'm hoping they have done a reasonable job!
Do have a good look at paint. Mine had very light marks, going to detailer next week. My detailer currently has another TB in, new car detail, see photos for dealer damage!

https://mobile.twitter.com/divinedet...247553/photo/4
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 07:42 AM   #9
bmw320ci10
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d MSport Tanzanite Blue

Thats my TB 335 with Ed at Divine detail. When i ordered the car it was supposed to be debaged. When the dealer sent me pics of the car it had all the badges on. Big mistake asking them to remove it, Ed showed me the scratches they had caused!!

Definitely get it detailed, if you are anywhere near Ed, he will definitely take care of you car.

BTW TB is an amazing colour.

Ricky
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 07:43 AM   #10
robwils
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP

Quote:
Thanks guys

Been going through the usual doubts and then excitement phases Who spends this much on a car!? It's the best money I've ever spent! But what if I loose my job!? You only live once! Etc.
Enjoy !
Similar doubts to myself too, glad its not just me.
      03-24-2016, 07:44 AM   #11
KS_340i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw320ci10 View Post
Thats my TB 335 with Ed at Divine detail. When i ordered the car it was supposed to be debaged. When the dealer sent me pics of the car it had all the badges on. Big mistake asking them to remove it, Ed showed me the scratches they had caused!!

Definitely get it detailed, if you are anywhere near Ed, he will definitely take care of you car.

Ricky
Ah, wondered if someone from here. What coatings etc are you going for?

Also, which dealer supplied it?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 07:51 AM   #12
bmw320ci10
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_340i View Post
Ah, wondered if someone from here. What coatings etc are you going for?

Also, which dealer supplied it?
Its getting the new car detail and Ed suggested the Kamikaze ISM coating, I have heard great reviews about the coating.

It was supplied by Spire Watford.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 09:17 AM   #13
Englishbloke
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw320ci10

Ricky
Thanks Looks amazing... Been nervous as to whether the paint was worth the cost.

Fingers crossed they don't cock up the GardX and it will all be fine. I've stressed I'm fussy but when I suggested that sometimes dealers get it wrong they looked at me like I was stupid.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 09:43 AM   #14
NorthEastX5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 3.0d M-Sport / 435i F36

Quote:
Thanks guys

YOLO is true. don't stress it. if everything goes pear shaped, off load the car no big deal. you can't live by "what if", you'll only regret things you didn't do.

after the events in the news this week...just say to yourself "f--k it....new car, easter weekend......wheeeeeeeeeeeeee"

have a good one!
Appreciate 2
      03-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #15
bmw320ci10
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Looks amazing... Been nervous as to whether the paint was worth the cost.

Fingers crossed they don't cock up the GardX and it will all be fine. I've stressed I'm fussy but when I suggested that sometimes dealers get it wrong they looked at me like I was stupid.
I was just like you when I went to pick up the car, but pictures really dont do any justice to the colour. When you see the colour up close its amazing, im so glad i choose it.

Just enjoy the car!! i really haven't had a chance to drive her much, but everytime i catch a peek of her in the drive she looks amazing.

Everyone seems to love the colour!!!

Enjoy your car, you only live once!!!
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2016, 10:20 AM   #16
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

Enjoy your new car and don't forget to post some pics for us poor sods still waiting
Anything to help pass the time.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #17
KS_340i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw320ci10 View Post
Its getting the new car detail and Ed suggested the Kamikaze ISM coating, I have heard great reviews about the coating.

It was supplied by Spire Watford.
Yep, he's suggested same to me. Not sure whether to go Miyabi base, then ISM or ISM alone. The Kamikaze wax is pretty expensive stuff...

Post some pics when done as would love to see the before/after comparison.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #18
bmw320ci10
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_340i View Post
Yep, he's suggested same to me. Not sure whether to go Miyabi base, then ISM or ISM alone. The Kamikaze wax is pretty expensive stuff...

Post some pics when done as would love to see the before/after comparison.
TBH i really dont know what the difference is, I went with Ed's recommendation. I will definitely post the pics once done.

Just been onto the Kamikaze website to see what the difference was:

What is difference of ISM COAT and MIYABI COAT?
1.Molecular size is different. MIYABI COAT has been produced in smallest manufacturing method.
2.Different chemical reaction (combining painted surfaces) and base material.
3.MIYABI COAT has Natural Shinny Looks. ISM COAT has thickness deep gloss.
4.We are recommended of multi-layer. MIYABI COAT possible primer base coat use.

Hope this helps.

Ricky
Appreciate 0