E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335is launch control issues

03-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
bigdnno98
Real Car Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: 340xi

335is launch control issues

So I went to the local 1/8mi a couple weeks ago for test and tune. It was my first time at the track in this 335is. I made one pass just mashing the gas at the tree. Then I tried for a while to get launch control to work. After about 30 minutes of trying I finally got it to work. So I pulled up to the tree and used LC. I was on street tires and just blew the tires off. I like the LC so The next logical step was better tires. I now have a set of track wheels with Mickey Thompson ET streets so I went to the track tonight hoping for some 5k LC launches. I made the first pass just mashing the gas at the tree again just to see how the DR would do. Ran 8.5@88 which is pretty respectable for an almost stock car. I went to try LC but could never get the car into LC. only difference between tonight and last time is now I have a TPMS light on from these track wheels. Would that prevent the car from going into LC? I followed the instructions many times. Ensured oil the,s were up, prob around 230*, DTC one touched, put car in sport mode, then S1 then M1, then gas to floor, brake was on the whole time. It never worked once. Launching this car sucks. We didn't get slips tonight but I'm guessing 60' is around 2.6. I should have bought an AT

I just put the stock wheels and tires back on. TPMS light is gone but LC still doesn't work. FML
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #2
bigdnno98
Real Car Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Pretty sure the issue is I have the kickdown blocked in MHD. I'm sure that's affecting TPS volts reported. I'll try it out later without the kickdown blocked.
Appreciate 0