F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Bilstein B16 Ridecontrol/iRC - Comfort/Ride Height?
GetBMWParts

03-28-2016, 09:46 AM   #1
wmcjhi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport - MPPK/MPE

Bilstein B16 Ridecontrol/iRC - Comfort/Ride Height?

I drive a 2014 335i M Sport. Do NOT have the adaptive suspension (kicking myself for that).

Unfortunately I drive in Houston on some pretty awful roads. The stock "M sport" suspension seems VERY harsh to me. I don't mind stiffness, but it seems harsh. I also notice more body roll than acceptable and certainly less confidence inspiring than my E90.

I've been looking at the B16 Ridecontrol coilovers as a potential solution to both handling/body roll and ride comfort issues. HOWEVER, I'm concerned that the lowered ride height will be an issue. I have the m performance front lip so I'm already risking scraping if I'm not careful. The shop I talked to seems to think the B16s can be set to near OEM height based on their previous installations, even though Bilstein quotes the drop at 30-50mm (20-40mm for m sports which are already dropped 10mm, I assume).

Does anyone have any thoughts/impressions on max ride height and/or the comfort of the "comfort" setting versus the stock m sport suspension?

Thanks very much!

Last edited by wmcjhi; 03-28-2016 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 02:13 PM   #2
SoDiezl350
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport EBII

Not able to comment, but if you swap out the OEM runflats with a non rft summer tire, the comfort level will improve significantly. I did this on my 18" wheels and the difference was drastic. I imagine it would be even more apparent on 19s.
Appreciate 0