BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

03-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
///MArdor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

BMW of Dallas Test Drives: Sedan and Coupe!

BMW of Dallas is allowing test drives on a coupe and a sedan. I drove the coupe today...awesome!

Last edited by ///MArdor; 03-08-2008 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I called up there yesturday, and it seems they used their first 2 allocations as demo/testers. So I expect this to be available for a while.

Moritz doesn't have any M3's in yet, and from what I heard from talking to some sales associate there they won't see one for around 2 weeks.

Autobahn has gotten 3 so far I believe, but they have allocated their first 5 sales to employees according to Buschy. I went by up there earlier today and saw a sparkling graphite coupe outside, and a MR coupe in the show room. They had a AW coupe somewhere that Buschy took pictures off but I couldn't find it for the life of me. So perhaps someone already took delivery.

Classic has gotten the generic MR coupe, and SSII sedan. Somehow Buschy became the only lucky sob in all of DFW to test drive that MR coupe. And the sedan has already been purchased.
      03-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
mduval1988
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan

You boys just come on down to H-Town where you can test drive. Call Ricardo at Advantage Midtown and I bet he will help ya out.
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
gillfavor
Registered
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3

BMW of Dallas had three spots

Two were demos and the other is mine. Its alpine white.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

BMW of Dallas just recently had a Easter event, were they had some food set up and 2 M3's, 3 1 series, and 1 X6 on display.

The 2 M3's were a e90 SSII, and a e92 Space Grey. The e92 had a $5k mark-up on it, making it $75k + change. Side from seeing the colors in person I wouldn't have much else to do with BMW of Dallas. Especially since they are owned by AutoNation now.

Plus, all Dallas BMW dealerships have demo cars available for test drive.
      03-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
mduval1988
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
BMW of Dallas just recently had a Easter event, were they had some food set up and 2 M3's, 3 1 series, and 1 X6 on display.

The 2 M3's were a e90 SSII, and a e92 Space Grey. The e92 had a $5k mark-up on it, making it $75k + change. Side from seeing the colors in person I wouldn't have much else to do with BMW of Dallas. Especially since they are owned by AutoNation now.

What is the deal with AutoNation? Bad to do business with?
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Autobahn has two test drive demos. I am not sure how particular they are with test drives, but you could probably drive them.
however, i would not let anyone that was not genuinely interested drive them if it were me.
also Ultimate,
the white coupe was in the garage, however, depending when you went it was going to the car show along with teh X6 they had.
      03-24-2008, 02:05 AM   #8
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Classic has gotten the generic MR coupe, and SSII sedan. Somehow Buschy became the only lucky sob in all of DFW to test drive that MR coupe. And the sedan has already been purchased.
I think there were a few other members on this forum that got to test drive that MR in addition to Buschy & myself. Oh BTW, they just got in a 128i coupe (Sedona Red Metallic, allowed test drives), 135i coupe (Black Sapphire Metallic) & 128i convertible (Cashmere Silver Metallic). Looks even better in person! A buddy of mine is taking delivery of his 135i in May so I'm looking forward to driving it.

Quote:

Go figure BMW of Dallas would charge $5k over msrp. When the e46 M3 came out, another friend of mine was on the waiting list (w/a deposit). For some "strange" reason, his spot kept on getting bumped so he got fed up & cancled his order. I guess if you're willing to pay over msrp, BMW of Dallas will sell you a car ASAP!...

I might go overthere & checkout the space grey since I have a few weeks to change my order. IMO, SSII has too much of a baby blue hue/tint to it.

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0