F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Oil Measurement vs Key Read
Extreme Powerhouse

04-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #1
F30Gators
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BMW 335i M Sport

Oil Measurement vs Key Read

Got my key read by local German BMW place the other day for other ID purposes.... and the two enhanced notes of concern are

Stop Deflation carefully. Check all tires. possible case of runflat tires (RSC) ymbol) is ide Continue mi max 80KM

Refill 1 liter engine oil at the next opportunity, see operating instructions. thereafter motorolstand measure

Now, I had to add 1 quart about 3 miles ago due to warning, but the actual measurement say its max, why the disconnect with the key read. Is it a more enhanced diagnostic for future. I am approximately 10k into the 15K interval, but don't want to overfill (new to BMW, can I get a get dipstick AMEN?) Planning on the 10K change anyway.

And my TPMS also shows green ( I don't have acutal readouts as I have a 2013, but I'll get a gauge on it.

Any experts on what to trust, the car or the key, seems like it should be same info?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 05:08 AM   #2
F30Gators
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BMW 335i M Sport

Well the tire pressure was low, I usually just manual check it once a week or so, but seeing the green TPMS all the time I guess I got lazy. Wish it showed actual pressure, my wifes 2007 mini van does, so I don't know what BMW decides to skimp on basics at the price ( I understand the 14's and newer do display this info?).

Really would like some input on the key read (low) vs oil measurement (max). I really don't think I should need another quart this soon, as I haven't even drove a lot due to just going to work every day over the last 4 months and winter and all. A normal dipstick would be just as nice.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 01:50 AM   #3
BimmerF32_430i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Gators
Well the tire pressure was low, I usually just manual check it once a week or so, but seeing the green TPMS all the time I guess I got lazy. Wish it showed actual pressure, my wifes 2007 mini van does, so I don't know what BMW decides to skimp on basics at the price ( I understand the 14's and newer do display this info?).

Really would like some input on the key read (low) vs oil measurement (max). I really don't think I should need another quart this soon, as I haven't even drove a lot due to just going to work every day over the last 4 months and winter and all. A normal dipstick would be just as nice.
I can't help with the oil part, but if you're willing to learn to code your car, you can easily get the temperature and pressure of your tires on Idrive. I did that and it's helped plenty of times
Appreciate 0