F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 435i paddle shifter problems
ARMA SPEED

04-13-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
Tuned435i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6spd

435i paddle shifter problems

My 2014 435i sport line hasn't had any major issues, but ever since I started modding the car the paddle shifters have gone to crap. I don't know if the mods have any correlation to the problems I have been having, but they have happened around the same time frame. Whenever I get my car warmed up and switch to sport mode and sport shifting via paddle shifters, it never seems to work in the best manner. The paddle shifters work half of the time, but shifting to and from 3rd always seems to mess up and I can't shift up from second or down from 4th. Also sometimes when I try to downshift it just starts up shifting like crazy. It just doesn't seem to work as smoothly as it should, but shifting with the gear selector always works flawlessly. Anything I can do to fix the paddle shifters?
      04-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #2
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned435i View Post
My 2014 435i sport line hasn't had any major issues, but ever since I started modding the car the paddle shifters have gone to crap. I don't know if the mods have any correlation to the problems I have been having, but they have happened around the same time frame. Whenever I get my car warmed up and switch to sport mode and sport shifting via paddle shifters, it never seems to work in the best manner. The paddle shifters work half of the time, but shifting to and from 3rd always seems to mess up and I can't shift up from second or down from 4th. Also sometimes when I try to downshift it just starts up shifting like crazy. It just doesn't seem to work as smoothly as it should, but shifting with the gear selector always works flawlessly. Anything I can do to fix the paddle shifters?
My guess is a loose wire or perhaps something spilled on the steering wheel? If you remove the wheel you can take a peek at the wiring. Doubt it has anything to do with the mods unless you changed the wheel.
Appreciate 0