F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Street Racing West Midlands
ARMA SPEED

04-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #1
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Street Racing West Midlands

For years various area of the West Midlands have almost been a no go area due to knobs street racing.

Fell victim to it a few times when M6 etc closed, taken to the A roads only to have my drive interrupted by clowns trying to over take, under take and seriously cut you up.

Eventually the council and police have started to act.

An article on it.

https://trafficwmp.wordpress.com/201...reet-racing-2/

Some of the comments at the end make me laugh, especially the 'If you want war... '

Luckily it's impossible to trace the author...

However one thing it does show is the disdain that motorists feel towards the law.

The number of uninsured drivers on the roads is crazy and it's not just down to costs, huge numbers are disqualified, no mot, no tax.
Appreciate 3
      04-18-2016, 02:08 AM   #2
subsy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand
Some of the comments at the end make me laugh, especially the 'If you want war... '

Ahhhh yes, Mr Dutton
Attached Images

04-18-2016, 02:34 AM   #3
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Quote:
For years various area of the West Midlands have almost been a no go area due to knobs street racing.

Fell victim to it a few times when M6 etc closed, taken to the A roads only to have my drive interrupted by clowns trying to over take, under take and seriously cut you up.

Eventually the council and police have started to act.

An article on it.

https://trafficwmp.wordpress.com/201...reet-racing-2/

However one thing it does show is the disdain that motorists feel towards the law.

The number of uninsured drivers on the roads is crazy and it's not just down to costs, huge numbers are disqualified, no mot, no tax.
Really good article that very informative.

Interesting the domino effect of offences once someone is caught and the potential longer term repercussions.

As for the comment " you want a war..." :

I would have thought it would be difficult to participate in the war if you have to first get a bus in order to attend it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #4
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Yeah I think it's a good article showing the challenges specific to West Midlands.

These people are a drain on society, they have pretty much killed off any car scene in the West Midlands.

It also shows the fact, if you are pulled and have noticeable enhancements to the car, the police will actively chase up.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #5
subsy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i F31

Quote:
Yeah I think it's a good article showing the challenges specific to West Midlands.

These people are a drain on society, they have pretty much killed off any car scene in the West Midlands.

It also shows the fact, if you are pulled and have noticeable enhancements to the car, the police will actively chase up.
I used to love going to real enthusiast meets. This is something entirely different. Sad.
      04-18-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

One thing I noticed is the state/quality of the cars in the pictures. All of them are utter shite, apart from the M3 (even that doesnt look genuine).

I read some of the other articles, quite amusing, I like the sarcastic tones.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 05:22 PM   #7
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Seen a few of the so called modded up cars - fit only for scrap/ spare parts after some of these idiots have finished with them. Makes me sad to see what could be a half way decent classic fitted with a big bore exhaust and slammed so low that it can't even turn.

Just hope I don't get stopped by the police driving my modded car around these roads