Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

04-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #1
AC-S
Registered Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Paint recall anyone???

Hi guys

Has anyone heard of a paint recall on the M4’s?
0051690300 - BMW (AU) - Quality Enhancement - Repair roof side frame paintwork - F82

I took my m4 into the dealership to have the running in service done on Tuesday and was informed there is a paint recall that needs to be done.

It doesn't affect all cars… they take the roof strips off both sides and look at the paint. Apparently there were issues with too much heat when bonding the carbon fibre roof and if the car is affected there will be some paint bubbles which they rectify, reseal and replace the running strips. It won’t be seen but was told it does need to be done, and it takes up to 2 days to have it all stripped/painted/fixed. I asked how they approach this type of work and the service manager took me downstairs to see another M4 being currently fixed, so I freaked out as I saw them working on it… doors were open sanding dust all over the leather seats and front dash etc.

Not happy about it so I asked to be excluded from this recall, there is no way I am willing to have my car go under this process and have dust all over it and on the inside ☹

Anyone has had it done or even knows about it. And if so how did you get your car back? Was it full of dust inside?
Appreciate 1
Xtabi1696.00
      04-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
Michael_Melbourne
Rep
Drives: X1

Haven't heard of any paint recall?
There has been an airbag recall but I haven't heard or seen anyone come in for paint recall.
I'll check it out for ya.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 04:45 AM   #3
AC-S
Registered Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Melbourne View Post
Haven't heard of any paint recall?
There has been an airbag recall but I haven't heard or seen anyone come in for paint recall.
I'll check it out for ya.
Well?? What did you find out?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 04:47 AM   #4
M3ZING
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6 C7

Recalls are becoming gifts from bmw
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
sprokai
Lurker
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT LSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-S
Hi guys

Has anyone heard of a paint recall on the M4’s?
0051690300 - BMW (AU) - Quality Enhancement - Repair roof side frame paintwork - F82

I took my m4 into the dealership to have the running in service done on Tuesday and was informed there is a paint recall that needs to be done.

It doesn't affect all cars… they take the roof strips off both sides and look at the paint. Apparently there were issues with too much heat when bonding the carbon fibre roof and if the car is affected there will be some paint bubbles which they rectify, reseal and replace the running strips. It won’t be seen but was told it does need to be done, and it takes up to 2 days to have it all stripped/painted/fixed. I asked how they approach this type of work and the service manager took me downstairs to see another M4 being currently fixed, so I freaked out as I saw them working on it… doors were open sanding dust all over the leather seats and front dash etc.

Not happy about it so I asked to be excluded from this recall, there is no way I am willing to have my car go under this process and have dust all over it and on the inside ☹

Anyone has had it done or even knows about it. And if so how did you get your car back? Was it full of dust inside?
I just took my 2015 M4 for service and they mentioned this. Anyone have the work done? Experiences? I asked them to call post inspection, but like the OP I am hesitant on this one.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 01:55 AM   #6
ajs8
Rep
Drives: 335i Msport Coupe

I had this done. BMW mornington. I am a neat freak also. Work was done in a day. Picked it up. Twas immaculate. No scratches anywhere. No dust in side or out.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 07:33 AM   #7
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
This has been ongoing for several months, if not over a year, in the US.

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 0