EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

04-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
erdisaral
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Fresh window tint @ Manhattan Beach

I went to this place a while ago and got tinted all around with Ceramic film(huper optik.) The quality of the job was awful so I went back to get it done again. The guy who runs the shop didn't want to do it again because he was saying that it's normal to have those(I attached the picture below.) I forgot what they are called. After some serious talk, he decided to do it again expect the rear seats windows. He was acting like he was doing a favor for me. And, he was saying that he won't get paid from the company where he supplies his films(Which I have never understand why is he telling me this.) The first job was the worst job I have ever seen. I don't even want to tell how much I paid for that ugliest job ever! The guy who runs the shop which I know is the owner's brother also talked sh*t about the collision center which I go to (He saw it on my licence plate frame.) I would never ever recommend this tint shop to anyone. After I get this amazing job, I also DM'ed them on Instagram. The owner wanted to talk to me on the phone. I called and he said that he will talk with his brother to re-do it again. But guess what since then no one contacted me yet (it been more than months.) While I was talking with the owner on the phone, he was super cool and I was so regretting that I should have gone to the shop which he runs because they have couple shops in LA. When I DM'ed the account on Instagram, I said this is the job what they have done and I will make sure to tell everyone about this story. The owner reminded me what I said on Instagram and he said that it's not a big deal for him. And, he told me that he hangs out with Salomondrin (he also gave some other names which I forgot) this is where he lost me. Doing a proper window tint has nothing to do hanging out with Alejandro but, I get his point. He was probably trying to say that he hangs out with him so he tints all of Alejandro's cars and my negative comments won't effect his potential customers. It was the weirdest thing I have ever heard from someone I worked with. I have been in a lot of different body shops and mechanic shops in LA but, no one ever talked to me like that.
Attached Images

Last edited by erdisaral; 12-20-2016 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 01:18 AM   #2
Rbezy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 - YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower6161
I went to this place a while ago and got tinted all around with Ceramic film(huper optik.) The quality of the job was awful so I went back to get it done again. The guy who runs the shop didn't want to do it again because he was saying that it's normal to have those(I attached the picture below.) I forgot what they are called. After some serious talk, he decided to do it again expect the rear seats windows. He was acting like he was doing a favor for me. And, he was saying that he won't get paid from the company where he supplies his films(Which I have never understand why is he telling me this.) The first job was the worst job I have ever seen. I don't even want to tell how much I paid for that ugliest job ever! The guy who runs the shop which I know is the owner's brother also talked sh*t about the collision center which I go to (He saw it on my licence plate frame.) I would never ever recommend this tint shop to anyone. After I get this amazing job, I also DM'ed them on Instagram. The owner wanted to talk to me on the phone. I called and he said that he will talk with his brother to re-do it again. But guess what since then no one contacted me yet (it been more than months.) While I was talking with the owner on the phone, he was super cool and I was so regretting that I should have gone to the shop which he runs because they have couple shops in LA. When I DM'ed the account on Instagram, I said this is the job what they have done and I will make sure to tell everyone about this story. The owner reminded me what I said on Instagram and he said that it's not a big deal for him. And, he told me that he hangs out with Salomondrin (he also gave some other names which I forgot) this is where he lost me. Doing a proper window tint has nothing to do hanging out with Alejandro but, I get his point. He was probably trying to say that he hangs out with him so he tints all of Alejandro's cars and my negative comments won't effect his potential customers. It was the weirdest thing I have ever heard from someone I worked with. I have been in a lot of different body shops and mechanic shops in LA but, no one ever talked to me like that.
go to five star auto glass in glendale for tints. Alex is the guy to see. he will give you a great deal and they do super quality detailed work.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 08:05 AM   #3
Marlonisonfire
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F82 ZCP

If you paid with your CC you should file a claim and try to get your money back that way.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I live in Redondo Beach and have been looking for a shop in the South Bay that can do ceramic all around including front windshield (clear tint of course). I learned through this forum that G5 Tint shop in Alhambra is top quality based on the yelp reviews and clientele they are use to dealing with.
Appreciate 0