BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

03-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

could anyone describe the i-drive features (benefits) for the M3

I don't mind navi but it's not something I have to buy. I would 100000% not get the navi except it's connected to the M3 in a way b/c it is the only way to get the m-dynamic stability and various steering or throttle modes.

I would just like to be clear what I would miss out on by NOT getting the navi (navi = idrive).

I also like (would buy) CA, that's $500 which I would spend (but can't unless it's part of the $3200 technology package) it's just another way that BMW is screwing me with the option package (ie. CA and premium sound can not be ordered without navi).

Where I am comming from is that I love the M3 (may buy) but I don't love it at $69K. I'd like low-mid $60s but the navi is almost looking like a must order option since it has some features and it's the only way to get CA or premium stereo and if you add M-DCT, coupe, technology package you're looking at close to $70K.

Last edited by rai; 03-11-2008 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Take a read through the owners manual. It describes all the features of i-drive and what they do. You can then decide if that makes sense for you.

For m-drive (within i-drive), as we've being through a million times already, you get access to the

sport mode for servotronic steering,
M Dynamic mode for the DSC,
Sport plus mode for Power

None of these settings are available if you dont order i-drive or the tech package.
Appreciate 0