F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Sport+ brakes on 335xd
proTUNING Freaks

04-26-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
wakaday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport+

Sport+ brakes on 335xd

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Recently brought a 2014 F31 335d MSport. It came with the Sport+ package , which included uprated brakes, but apart from the blue callipers , they look like the standard 4 pot, 370x30 disks on the front. Firstly, can anyone confirm what is uprated about the brake package?
I've covered a few thousand miles, and although I'm impressed with the brake power and fade resistance. I find the cold performance , noisy and a insensitive. In normal driving , over my daily commute they don't really warm up. The other is the slow speed brake squeal. Is there a fix for this issue? I notice that BMW has a lot of front pad part number changes , so maybe the latter pads are better?
Any advise please?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

The only thing I can answer is about the brake upgrade. It's got better brake pads and the wear brakes are 2 pis instead of 1 without upgrading. The rotors are bigger in both front and rear as well. Also, the rear calipers are brembo as the stock rear are OEM
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
wakaday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport+

Checking a few threads and RealOEM and the only thing this car gains is pretty blue callipers. Same size disks as a standard 335dx and twin pots at rear and 4 pots at front.

I guess my main interest is whether there is a better pad selection for cold feel and brake squeal. I'm assuming I got one of the early pad parts numbers. Does anyone know what the difference was between the pads part number history? As anyone tried different
pads fom another supplier?
Appreciate 0