BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Door Sill Trim

05-06-2016, 05:17 PM   #1
Kantalias
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Door Sill Trim

I feel like an idiot, but...how the heck do you get the trim in the door sill back on? It popped off super easy, but it's resisting all my attempts to put it back.

It's not the usual hole/plug arrangement. The brown things on the car are supposed to be grabbed by clips on the trim. Is there some super special tilting maneuver? Do you slide it on?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
Tano
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Pull out the brown clips from the door sill, then place them in the trim individually. There are little rails for them so they can slide a little. Then you can clip the trim in place.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #3
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep

More importantly... what motivated you to pop it off?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #4
Kantalias
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tano View Post
Pull out the brown clips from the door sill, then place them in the trim individually. There are little rails for them so they can slide a little. Then you can clip the trim in place.
Oh, duh -- I remember reading that somewhere now. Thank you! I'll get it done easy, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
More importantly... what motivated you to pop it off?
I was looking for something to do.

Seriously, though I ran a wire from the driver's foot well to the rear deck for a stealth-mounted radar detector. I had used the front pillar to run from the mirror to the foot well so I went on the floor for the wire to the rear.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #5
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantalias View Post
Seriously, though I ran a wire from the driver's foot well to the rear deck for a stealth-mounted radar detector. I had used the front pillar to run from the mirror to the foot well so I went on the floor for the wire to the rear.
Did you remove the front A-pillar trim by any chance or just run the wire tucked into it?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #6
Kantalias
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Everywhere I could I just tucked the wire under the seal flap. The only place I couldn't hide the wire was between the rear window and the front window. It almost tucks in at the top, but not quite. Made me want to pull that piece of trim off, but the seat belt mount staring back at me gave me pause. No one will ever notice the wire there.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #7
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

I plan on running my dash cam wires to the fuse box in the boot, from what I've read you can tuck the wires across the top of the side window rubber & trim to the rear, sorry are you saying you can't really do it that way and down under the door sill trim is better?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #8
Fullofdays
Private
Rep
Drives: m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantalias View Post
Oh, duh -- I remember reading that somewhere now. Thank you! I'll get it done easy, I'm sure.

I was looking for something to do.

and you didnt post a tutorial?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #9
Kantalias
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I used supersam's amazing tutorial. I did a few things differently and plan to append my thoughts to his thread.
Appreciate 0