F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > EUROPE (Continental) > Rental agencies that have BMWs
Studio RSR

05-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive Sport Line

Rental agencies that have BMWs

Hi everyone, I am coming to Munich later this month and am really hoping to score a BMW as a rental car. On Sixts website they had bmw or comparable listed. Does anyone know of rental places that will for sure have BMW in or near Munich? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

I would recommend you the airport faciliy, they have the richest sort of models there and could easily organize other ones if your choice isnt available.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 10:40 AM   #3
beardybaer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430d MSport XDrive

Try Avis or Hertz. They sometimes offer 'premium' models that promise the make and model.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 11:32 AM   #4
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsurly View Post
Hi everyone, I am coming to Munich later this month and am really hoping to score a BMW as a rental car. On Sixts website they had bmw or comparable listed. Does anyone know of rental places that will for sure have BMW in or near Munich? Thanks in advance!
Munich? Buy one on the European Delivery Program. It's more expensive than a rental but you're guaranteed to get a BMW.

I'm going to Europe in September and Avis has me in an E Class or comparable. I'm halfway hoping that I get a 5er instead and halfway hoping I get the E Class. It will be interesting to try the MB experience for more than a test drive. It better not be a Twingo.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #5
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I should just buy a new BMW and do ED! But unfortunately that is not in my cards right now
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 12:16 PM   #6
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Do most of the rental cars have built in GPS? Trying to figure out if I should look into a burner phone with data plan or what I should do so I can at the very least use google maps. I have a Verizon iPhone now so maybe I can just buy a SIM card or something? How does all that stuff work?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #7
beardybaer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430d MSport XDrive

It will honestly depend on the car you get. Some cars have them as standard, some don't. I normally decline the sat nav because more and more rentals have them built in, but I have had to use my phone a couple of times.

It'll depend on your Verizon phone. They used to work on CDMA networks in the US, but in Europe we only have GSM. If your phone works on GSM then you could just buy a prepaid SIM card. If not then a phone or a cheap TomTom (you can get one for about ?99 in MediaMarkt or Saturn) would be your best option.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2016, 08:17 AM   #8
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

If you use an Android phone you'll be also be able to install Navigon from the Garmin Corp. as a very suitable navigation app within Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Dunno how far the free version supports additional features but its an alternative.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1