E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > (Bay Area) Walnut Blasting Review from SpeedElement in San Jose: 05-19-2016

(Bay Area) Walnut Blasting Review from SpeedElement in San Jose
Calendar: USA - California
thatonetime
Private

Hey guys,

Before I toss the JB4 in I decided to have someone do the walnut blasting on the car. I wanted an actual shop to do it since I'm iffy enough as it is about having stuff blasted in my intake ports. I feel like if I hire a regular person to do it, the coverage factor is not there.

After shopping around town I've gotten quotes from reputable shops for $550 to upwards of $1239. Crazy.

A few friends recommended SpeedElement for this job and I thought I should give them a shot. I decided to have a talk with them and actually set up a discount for 1Addicts people. So as of now if you mention 1Addicts they will perform the walnut blasting service for $400. Ill take that. It's painless and I won't break my piggy bank.

Well here it is:

Got there this morning at 10AM right as they opened up. R32 and this wide body FRS which was not bagged. It's on 326 Power Coilovers.... super OG

Since the car was hot, they tossed a fan on it for a bit to cool it down

Since I had some time to waste, my buddy showed me around. The Hunter in ground alignment rack was cool but this, I have not seen before.

Before you get alignment, the rack will set all the tire pressures even. Its cool cause it does it, waits a bit and if they move, it will adjust the pressures again. I thought it was kinda neat

This car came in and the air pressure was front 41 and 32, Rear 34 and 38. lol

Back to the 1 series. Cowl and intake are coming out.

Kinda sucks everything is coming off again

Damn it man, I just did this shit last week. I could have waited till today and they could have installed everything for me while they reassembled it :rofl where would the fun in it be tho

Ready to start blasting

Here is one dirty valve for reference "before walnut blasting" BTW considering how dirty it is and the times, one of the previous owners did this before me.

Let the blasting commence

Onto the next, and the next, and the next...

Yeah, you get in there good. Haha, glad these guys put up with me.

"After walnut blasting" Still not done just yet. There is stuff still stuck on the walls.

"Fully cleaned" It looks new again.

Done. Time to put shit back together

I'll be honest. I lost track of time talking to my buddy and forgot to take more photos.

Here is a break down of each cylinder. The work came out great.

They just went for a quick drive to check everything. He's looking under the hood to make sure the engine is still there and Im outta here.

Driving home the car feel smoother. On cold start it used to stutter a bit while driving, it was super faint but now all that is gone. I'm ready to throw the JB4 in.

Enjoy and mention 1Addicts if you're about to get this service done here
RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed.