BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > First test drive booked

05-19-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
Zigarum
Private
Rep
Drives: Z$ SDrive 2.3

First test drive booked

I ordered my black manual M2 in January and it's due to be arrive late August/September. I went to the Geneva Motor show so have seen the car, but will finally get to drive the beauty tomorrow afternoon in Zurich.

I can't wait to start her up and hear the engine. I have the car for 2 hours so will get to throw it about and wet the appetite until mine is delivered. I've never been so excited about a car...

I'll write my thoughts once I get home after the test drive...

Update....

What an absolute ANIMAL...I knew it would be quick and loud but this was so much more than I expected WOW.

It could be because I'm coming from a 2.5 Z4 and maybe I don't know what fast is, but this was blisteringly quick and that noise on first start up was absolutely amazing.

I picked up the car from the new BMW brand experience centre in Dielsdorf, Switzerland. I had two hours allocated to me that included the lady giving me all the numbers of the car and explaining a few other bits of information regarding the shapes etc. Interesting but nothing worth commenting on. They had two M2's, one black DCT and a white Manual with all the M2 performance parts. I chose the manual as I've ordered one myself. Was so nice to see the black in person and I have to say in my opinion this is the best colour for this car. It looks so mean and aggressive, it's incredible. The rear wheel arches and all the lines are much more prominent than what the photo's suggest.

OK so I get in and drive 'normally' until I hit the open country road and then put my foot down.... What acceleration, what noise and what fun.. The cars bloody amazing and I can tell it's going to be a struggle to resist putting my foot down more often than not when my car finally arrives. The car handled really well which is comforting when accelerating to 3 digits Kmph down a small country road...

I called a few friends up while on hands free so they could hear the engine. They loved it of course. The problem with the seat apparently being off centre is nothing to worry about at all. I didn't notice it and doubt it's even true. I thought the interior was a lot better then what people give it credit for. It's smart, organised and has everything you need. The carbon fibre looks great and the black seats with blue stitching looks smart.

Looking forward to doing some sort of advanced driving course and really learning how to make this beast go sideways :-)

Here are a few photo's of the two cars:

(The black has a chrome frame around the passenger windows that I'm not a fan of at all. I'm told it's an optional extra so will need to check with my garage just to be safe)
Attached Images

Last edited by Zigarum; 05-21-2016 at 02:43 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 2
      05-19-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

So jealous!!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 07:43 PM   #3
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigarum View Post
I ordered my black manual M2 in January and it's due to be arrive late August/September. I went to the Geneva Motor show so have seen the car, but will finally get to drive the beauty tomorrow afternoon in Zurich.

I can't wait to start her up and hear the engine. I Have the car for 2 hours so will get to throw it about and wet the appetite until mine is delivered. I've never been so excited about a car ??

I'll write my thoughts one I get home after the test drive.
You're going to love it!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 09:55 PM   #4
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Test drive??? I cant even to get to look at one over here!
      05-20-2016, 01:43 AM   #5
Zigarum
Private
Rep
Drives: Z$ SDrive 2.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3
Where are you in the world?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 06:32 AM   #6
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3
Amen!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #7
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Now there's an oxymoron ..test drive and m2 in the same sentence!!
Appreciate 0