E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Identify springs, want to lower (raise)..

05-21-2016, 07:23 AM   #1
Beisofmarko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Identify springs, want to lower (raise)..

Hey!

Okay so the thing is that i'd like to lower rear of my car as it's curretly diving.

I need help identifying what suspension i currently have and what i should do
with it. I believe its some hartge set but what

There is some wierd pieces below rear springs that raise rear cause without them the lowering is too extreme and car is doing "wheelie"

So i'd like to first of all get rid of these pieces as they are not supposed to be there and probably suspension dont work exactly like it should?

So the goal is to make car stance even, therefore from current state i should lower rear maybe inch or 2 but without pieces below i should raise a ton..
(i dont have pictures without pieces on car but maybe someone can identify
the set i have and point me out to right direction)

And as i understood i should be able to reach my goal with just changing rear springs right?

Heres some pictures that i hope help in my case even though marks are pretty worn:

Rear

Rear

The aftermarket thingy that raises rear that i want to get rid off

The current stance of the car, I want to get rear lower so cars even and theres small gap only between tire and frame, now it looks wierd to my eye.

All help greatly appreciated as allways, Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
agustincuenca
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i; 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
those are aftermarket springs and shocks (probably b8s?). The thing sticking out of the LCA is probably the height adjustment module for the setup, some use it under the spring andsome on it before the chasis. Does it have any type of thread or nut that can be rotated to lower it?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 06:44 AM   #3
Beisofmarko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agustincuenca View Post
those are aftermarket springs and shocks (probably b8s?). The thing sticking out of the LCA is probably the height adjustment module for the setup, some use it under the spring andsome on it before the chasis. Does it have any type of thread or nut that can be rotated to lower it?
It has threads only on the part that can be seen on red circle, otherside below the spring
theres only block that raises spring. (block + part that has threads and goes thru hole is 1 part and that black "nut" below that secures that package is another, so can't rotate)

Only markings i could find on shocks and springs are those seen in pictures
+ Shocks has stickers that say e90 Sedan Hartge.. so yeah hard to say.

Anyway would i be just good if i find some rear springs that would set rear
how i want? Rear feels so tight on bumps now plus the big gap so i want to ditch that
part that doesnt belong there.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 04:07 PM   #4
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

You have a very mixed setup here.

Hartge lowering springs (most likely rebranded), with H&R adjustable lower perches (normally comes with H&R coilovers), and bilstein shocks (most likely B8s).

I'm not familiar with Hartge products but it may just be a Hartge suspension kit with components from various suppliers.

The H&R perches should allow you to adjust rear ride height. There should be a hex shaped opening on the bottom to use for adjustment. If you remove those perches, you will need to install the OEM lower spring seats.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
agustincuenca
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i; 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteblue3er View Post

Hartge lowering springs (most likely rebranded), with H&R adjustable lower perches (normally comes with H&R coilovers), and bilstein shocks (most likely B8s).

I'm not familiar with Hartge products but it may just be a Hartge suspension kit with components from various suppliers.

The H&R perches should allow you to adjust rear ride height. There should be a hex shaped opening on the bottom to use for adjustment. If you remove those perches, you will need to install the OEM lower spring seats.
Agree. I even went to the Hartge web site and the springs for the e92 have a different code number that the one OP show on the picture.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2016, 03:46 AM   #6
Beisofmarko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteblue3er View Post

Yeah, i don't know whats the story behind the kit i have.

I found exactly same perches that i have: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...ies-2006-2012/
But i'm pretty sure the perches are lowest position allready and can't be lowered..
Only can raise the block now.
Appreciate 0