E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > No lights for two years, now all come at once!

05-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
smitler
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 318I es

Unhappy No lights for two years, now all come at once!

OK,

318i ES, 2008, E90. 116k

All good for two years until oil level stopped displaying on stork control and just gave me the clicking clock type symbol.

Changed the sender in the sump, filled up with 4.25 ltrs of oil and plugged it in. Now I've just got INACTIVE displayed.

Needed to go on a 150 mile trip so bit the bullet and went without having a dipstick. On the trip got an ABS light come on, EML on and then finally red Oil light.

Turned off and after nearly having a Basil Faulty moment with it I decided to give it a while and try again. Return leg of the journey I only get the ABS, no EML or oil light on.

Any clues on any of the issues would be a massive help.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #2
Wilt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

If your battery is the original from the factory, its life is long overdue for replacement. A failing battery can cause all sorts of lights to light, and throw a lot of codes. If it is the original battery, immediately go buy and install a new one, and 'register' it as new so the battery management of the car can properly keep it charged. Buy a new battery with the same type (flooded vs. AGM) and same capacity (RC) and you will not also need to 'code it', just register it as 'new'.
Appreciate 0