BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Took delivery of the M2 today and here's my initial thoughts.

05-28-2016, 12:46 AM   #1
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Took delivery of the M2 today and here's my initial thoughts.

Yep, that's about it. You've all read enough by now.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2016, 01:11 AM   #2
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

You mean artificial?

Congrats!

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 02:31 AM   #3
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Oh, did the 1M ever die ?
      05-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #4
3tekcorps
Major
Rep

I was really on the fence about the car for months. I almost gave up the allocation and thought of flipping the car even last week. After a couple miles I kept thinking about this old horror flick scene where the crazy doctor says "to think I hesitated"

The only thing I want to change about the car is the seats. I liked them in M235 test drive, but after an hour in car I wasn't really comfortable. I'm pretty big and the seats just don't fit me right. They might be perfect for someone 5'9" though.

Everything else it brilliant. It's not too loud or too rough to drive daily. The power is amazing.

Love it.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 09:04 AM   #5
3tekcorps
Major
Rep

Question for the experts!

I was going to do Xpel Ultimate for $800. Sort of a pain as the guy is an hour away and I'd need to wait around all day for him. Dealer discounted "3M Clear Mask Digishield" down to $650 when I was going the Xpel Route. Seems like a smart move given the PIA off getting Xpel installed. Thoughts?

What's the deal with Permaplate No Wax and interior protection? They are doing the same thing with that and discounted it to $500.

EDIT: Read a bit (google) and this looks like a waste of money!

Tip... They are trying to push through a "2 series rebate" of $1,000 on my purchase that's offered by USAA. I'm not sure it will fly, but the coupon I got said any 2 series. This is a USAA member deal if any of you are members.

Now i'm going for a long drive.

Last edited by 3tekcorps; 05-28-2016 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #6
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
The only thing I want to change about the car is the seats. I liked them in M235 test drive, but after an hour in car I wasn't really comfortable. I'm pretty big and the seats just don't fit me right. They might be perfect for someone 5'9" though.
On my 80ish mile ride home from picking up at the dealership, my back was fatigued by the time I got home. At first, I was really concerned that the seats just weren't gonna be comfortable beyond just daily commuting. But I took some time to adjust them better than I did at the dealership and now I haven't had any sort of issue. I think you just need to take some time to get it right. I'm 6'0".

Quote:
I was going to do Xpel Ultimate for $800. Sort of a pain as the guy is an hour away and I'd need to wait around all day for him.
If you're gonna spend money on it, do it right the first time. I would definitely recommend XPEL.

Quote:
Tip... They are trying to push through a "2 series rebate" of $1,000 on my purchase that's offered by USAA. I'm not sure it will fly, but the coupon I got said any 2 series. This is a USAA member deal if any of you are members.
I was able to get the USAA discount as was another forum member. Don't let them tell you they can't.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #7
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:

I was going to do Xpel Ultimate for $800. Sort of a pain as the guy is an hour away and I'd need to wait around all day for him. Dealer discounted "3M Clear Mask Digishield" down to $650 when I was going the Xpel Route. Seems like a smart move given the PIA off getting Xpel installed. Thoughts?

What's the deal with Permaplate No Wax and interior protection? They are doing the same thing with that and discounted it to $500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post

I was able to get the USAA discount as was another forum member. Don't let them tell you they can't.
Yep, I was the one who got the $1000 USAA incentive. This should definitely go through unless they changed the nomenclature on the incentive. Mine said all 2 Series (Coupe and Convertible). It did not call out ///M cars specifically, so it was really general for all 2 series cars (Which would include the M2)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 11:20 AM   #8
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

I agree about the seats. They're a step down from the e9x, F8x and even the e46 M's seats. I'm 6'3 and I can't get those seats to feel quite right although I'm sure I could get used to them...compromise.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 11:45 AM   #9
WI_Rob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Thanks for the USAA tip!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #10
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Keep experimenting with all sorts of seat positions + steering wheel positions. Plenty of possibilities. I also toyed with several settings and think that I found the set-up that suits me best.
      05-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #11
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Huh. I like the seats as much or maybe a little more than E9x M3. I'm 5'11"

Congrats on sticking it out! It's a fantastic car.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 01:09 PM   #12
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Congratulations! Glad to hear you are happy with the car as you were having second thoughts before delivery. I expect the local dealer received their demo as well so I am looking forward to a test drive.

Let us know what USAA says as I want this discount as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #13
Johnsonuspp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I am a USAA member how do I request the coupon or where do I reference it.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #14
spooooook
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 - Hopefully!

Do those suffering back trouble have the lumbar support option on their seats?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #15
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooooook View Post
Do those suffering back trouble have the lumbar support option on their seats?
I believe lumbar is standard in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonuspp View Post
I am a USAA member how do I request the coupon or where do I reference it.
Under "Products" on the USAA homepage, Select the "Car Buying Service". Once you click that, there should be something that says: "USAA Members Get Additional Cash Allowance From Select Manufacturers" - from there select BMW. That should take you to a page that lets you see the offers and then "Activate Code" for when you purchase your vehicle at a BMW Dealership. Hopefully this helps!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 03:36 AM   #16
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Lumbar support is an option here. Though I did not order electric seats I ordered the lumbar support.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 04:40 AM   #17
Artemis
Rep

Quick question: are there electric seat positioning movements that manual seats cannot perform (for example tilting the seat to lift the knees) and vice versa ?
      05-29-2016, 05:11 AM   #18
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quick question: are there electric seat positioning movements that manual seats cannot perform (for example tilting the seat to lift the knees) and vice versa ?
My 328i has the same seats. From memory of loan cars with manual seats, the difference is that with electric seats, you can change seat bolsters, the angle of the seat cushion (the part your butt and thighs rest on) and lumbar support (I think) while with manual seats you can't.

I'm 6 foot 3, 115kg and I find that once you get the headrest, steering wheel and seat positioned correctly, it's a very comfortable seat. I wouldn't want to be any bigger though.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 05:40 AM   #19
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Quote:
I do have the manual seats.

You can do exactly the same as the electric ones, including the tilting.

I do have also the electric lumbar support, bolsters can be adjusted too.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 05:44 AM   #20
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovewagons View Post
My 328i has the same seats. From memory of loan cars with manual seats, the difference is that with electric seats, you can change seat bolsters, the angle of the seat cushion (the part your butt and thighs rest on) and lumbar support (I think) while with manual seats you can't.

I'm 6 foot 3, 115kg and I find that once you get the headrest, steering wheel and seat positioned correctly, it's a very comfortable seat. I wouldn't want to be any bigger though.
The M2 mirror may may upset a big un like you. Its a bit in your face
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #21
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
You can't adjust the Seat height whilst sitting in the manual seats which can get to be a nuisance,either get out the car or somehow lift yourself up.

The adjustments are finer with the electric chairs as well and one of the reasons I changed my order to electric yesterday at the dealers.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #22
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:

Congratulations!
Go for the best : X-Pel Ultimate
Mine is done partially : Full Hood Fender and Mirror Kit, Bumper Kit, Headlamp kit, Rocker Panel Kit.
On top and on the rest of the car, Gyeon Q2 Durabead with 2 years warranty.
Appreciate 0