E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Engine malfunction but no codes, car struggles to start after

05-30-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

So my car had no issues driving from LA to Vegas. Filled her up at Primm with chevron 91 and off to the strip. The next morning we drive to the outlets and n54 is now at 160degree temp. I gunned it a bit and it felt like a 330i and then 4 seconds later when I'm already at cruising speed, the engine malfunction light came on. But I detected no hesitation and issues. So I got the to the parking lot and turned off the car, scanned ob2 and NO CODES, no pending or stored codes fuck. I restarted the car and bam, the starter is going err err err err err err trying to start and it doesn't . I try again and this time it struggles a bit but starts! The malfunction light is now gone.

Anyhow shit, what could this be? Do i need to scan the code when the engine is still on while the malfunction light comes on again? Car has all original parts except ER oem diverter type charge pipe and stock tune. Hpfp replaced once with recall in 2011. Plugs and coils all within 20k miles. Original injectors.

Now I'm worried this car is gonna leave me stranded in a Vegas parking lot.

Is it possible that it could be vanos solenoids? Why da fuck didn't the car store any codes?
Appreciate 0