E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Underseat Sub Spacers

05-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
stylin20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Underseat Sub Spacers

Hello all, saw somewhere on here but couldn't find again, there were some spacers for the underseat subs. Does anyone know if anyone still sells these?

Thanks for your help.

I just installed some of the Bavsound ones and yes, the carpet hits the subs.

PS They sound better for a drop in sub (mid bass sub) with no alterations. only 45 mins to change both

Stylin20
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Shouldn't they sell you everything necessary.

Shouldn't they sell you everything necessary.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 10:26 PM   #3
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Right? These are advertises as completely pnp
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 12:29 AM   #4
stylin20
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

They are plug and play. What I want are the spacers some one made to keep the carpet off the top half of the speaker. The stockers are like upside down so its the basket that is against the carpet. These spacers someone made to keep the carpet just off the top.

Thanks

Stylin20
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 05:15 AM   #5
Shatterproof
Private
Rep
Drives: Black F80

wouldn't it be easier to just trim the carpet?
I did, and it doesn't fray, so perfectly safe to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 11:51 PM   #6
Larrye90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010bmwe90

I think what u could do, which is what I'm thinking of doing . Is to just fold it and staple it with a regular stapler. That way u don't need to cut it and it won't touch the woofer. I hope that helps .
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 02:53 AM   #7
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-E90

Make sure you seal the subs correctly so they sound better... I hear their prices are going up soon for all bavsound products. I just purchased their pp82dsp which sound great but not consistent and very hard to tune if your a beginner. The amp is paired with my alpine aftermarket HU which they said would work. After the install I found it very hard to tune with no support. I was told to call bimmertech and spoke to Nelson who never returned any of my 5 emails or phone calls for tuning support.

I was told before by a member here that if I already have a aftermarket HU paired with the pp82dsp hype was a bad idea, I know now.. :
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 05:36 AM   #8
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Member here on the forum 'Technic' sells the spacers...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 07:37 AM   #9
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoye90 View Post
Make sure you seal the subs correctly so they sound better... I hear their prices are going up soon for all bavsound products. I just purchased their pp82dsp which sound great but not consistent and very hard to tune if your a beginner. The amp is paired with my alpine aftermarket HU which they said would work. After the install I found it very hard to tune with no support. I was told to call bimmertech and spoke to Nelson who never returned any of my 5 emails or phone calls for tuning support.

I was told before by a member here that if I already have a aftermarket HU paired with the pp82dsp hype was a bad idea, I know now.. :
We never marketed our amp with cars equipped with aftermarket radios. When i spoke to you on the phone i said i would email you back with basic crossover adjustments which i overlook. You emailed me once.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 11:15 AM   #10
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep

Bavsound or Bimmertech does this guy know

who he even bought it from ?
If you bought from Bavsound why would you expect
Bimmertech to even answer you?
If you buy a DSP learn something about it before
you buy it.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:15 PM   #11
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech
Quote:

We never marketed our amp with cars equipped with aftermarket radios. When i spoke to you on the phone i said i would email you back with basic crossover adjustments which i overlook. You emailed me once.
Maybe my email is broken
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #12
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna
who he even bought it from ?
If you bought from Bavsound why would you expect
Bimmertech to even answer you?
If you buy a DSP learn something about it before
you buy it.
I was told to call bimmertech for basic questions not an in home private Tutorial... Your an idiot, this is our right as a buying customer... I did read the manual and emailed match..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #13
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep

So bavsound is remarketing bimmertech 82dsps

So bavsound is remarketing bimmertech 82dsps
then charging you extra for it.

Last edited by ctuna; 06-02-2016 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 11:31 PM   #14
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:

To clarify, you purchased the Bimmertech amp from Bavsound ? First, why ? Second, who told you to call Bimmertech ? Please don't tell me it was Bavsound.

Whoever the member is that told you this information is terribly wrong. There is Absolutely Nothing wrong with pairing the amp with an aftermarket headunit. Nothing whatsoever. So what you think you 'know now' is grossly inaccurate.

Quote:
I was told to call bimmertech for basic questions not an in home private Tutorial... Your an idiot, this is our right as a buying customer... I did read the manual and emailed match..

What sort of help do you expect to receive when you're calling people an idiot ?

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 02:16 AM   #15
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe
Quote:

To clarify, you purchased the Bimmertech amp from Bavsound ? First, why ? Second, who told you to call Bimmertech ? Please don't tell me it was Bavsound.

Whoever the member is that told you this information is terribly wrong. There is Absolutely Nothing wrong with pairing the amp with an aftermarket headunit. Nothing whatsoever. So what you think you 'know now' is grossly inaccurate.

Quote:

What sort of help do you expect to receive when you're calling people an idiot ?
Are you even correctly reading the reply??? Lmao
I called someone an idiot for making stupid comments about the price and where I purchased the amp from. Before I even purchased the pp82dsp from Bavsound I emailed them if there would be an issue with aftermarket HU, I was told no.

Then after receiving the amp I called, emailed, and researched basic configurations for the amp since it came with nothing in the package. Bavsound emailed me a bunch of YouTube links which had nothing to do with the same model amp. I called back spoke to an employee concerning my questions and was told by to call bimmertech because they are helpful and have more knowledge based on my setup.

I called bimmertech spoke to Nelson which at first he was very nice but never followed through after several emails and phone calls. This is why I am returning the product. For the lack of information/support for basic configurations. I finally read the manual and tutorial which explained everything. Usually when someone buys something it come with information.. Am I wrong for this???

If you can read better Nelson from bimmertech stated they don't promote the amp for aftermarket stereos. Maybe you should discuss that with him?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 08:21 AM   #16
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I called someone an idiot for making stupid comments about the price and where I purchased the amp from. Before I even purchased the pp82dsp from Bavsound I emailed them if there would be an issue with aftermarket HU, I was told no.

Then after receiving the amp I called, emailed, and researched basic configurations for the amp since it came with nothing in the package. Bavsound emailed me a bunch of YouTube links which had nothing to do with the same model amp. I called back spoke to an employee concerning my questions and was told by to call bimmertech because they are helpful and have more knowledge based on my setup.

I called bimmertech spoke to Nelson which at first he was very nice but never followed through after several emails and phone calls. This is why I am returning the product. For the lack of information/support for basic configurations. I finally read the manual and tutorial which explained everything. Usually when someone buys something it come with information.. Am I wrong for this???

If you can read better Nelson from bimmertech stated they don't promote the amp for aftermarket stereos. Maybe you should discuss that with him?
My reading and comprehension is just fine.

So you bought the amp from Bavsound and they brushed you off to call Bimmertech. Bavsound takes your money but lacks Any sort of actual support but Bimmertech is at fault here despite them not even being the manufacturer. Oh, ok, got it.

Your own words of "I finally read the manual and tutorial which explained everything" tells a lot about the actual effort on your part.

You're absolutely right, Bimmertech does not 'promote' the amp for use with an aftermarket radio. It is promoted for a BMW plug and play installation. Pretty sure even the title of the product says this. How is Your reading ? This does Not mean that it is not possible or functional for other applications though, just not the primary intent of the specified product.

Does BMW 'promote' taking your BMW to the track ? Oh, that must mean you can't ? Did your salesman provide you with drifting classes or tips how to ? Why not ? You should absolutely return your car since there is lack of support for things that it wasn't promoted to do !

If you wanted something that was suitable for Your application you could have simply bought a Match PP82 rather than something that is intended for use with a BMW Factory radio. Again, all in print and prior to your purchase this is stated so it does make one wonder how well you comprehend plain english here.

You can come back with whatever sort of witty reply you'd like but the fact is your upset about 'lack of support' for a product outside of it's intended use. It's not really subjective here or anything left out for interpretation, just plain simple facts.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 09:20 AM   #17
Bufalo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I like speakers.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #18
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe
Quote:

My reading and comprehension is just fine.

So you bought the amp from Bavsound and they brushed you off to call Bimmertech. Bavsound takes your money but lacks Any sort of actual support but Bimmertech is at fault here despite them not even being the manufacturer. Oh, ok, got it.

Your own words of "I finally read the manual and tutorial which explained everything" tells a lot about the actual effort on your part.

You're absolutely right, Bimmertech does not 'promote' the amp for use with an aftermarket radio. It is promoted for a BMW plug and play installation. Pretty sure even the title of the product says this. How is Your reading ? This does Not mean that it is not possible or functional for other applications though, just not the primary intent of the specified product.

Does BMW 'promote' taking your BMW to the track ? Oh, that must mean you can't ? Did your salesman provide you with drifting classes or tips how to ? Why not ? You should absolutely return your car since there is lack of support for things that it wasn't promoted to do !

If you wanted something that was suitable for Your application you could have simply bought a Match PP82 rather than something that is intended for use with a BMW Factory radio. Again, all in print and prior to your purchase this is stated so it does make one wonder how well you comprehend plain english here.

You can come back with whatever sort of witty reply you'd like but the fact is your upset about 'lack of support' for a product outside of it's intended use. It's not really subjective here or anything left out for interpretation, just plain simple facts.
You seem like a person that no matter what I say you'll turn it around so your right. maybe you should open you own Bmw dealership and audio business or any business at all with your mentality see how long you get treating customers that way Mr. Expert
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #19
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufalo
I like speakers.
Lmao
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 10:48 PM   #20
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You seem like a person that no matter what I say you'll turn it around so your right. maybe you should open you own Bmw dealership and audio business or any business at all with your mentality see how long you get treating customers that way Mr. Expert
So I state Facts and you claim I am turning things around to be right ? Oh, ok.

Funny you mention that, as a matter of fact I DO have TWO successful businesses in this very field both over a decade going. Please, tell me more of what I should do.

It's funny how one sided you seem to be since it was ME that helped you with this very setup in this very forum not terribly long ago. Shall I refresh your memory ? http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...23&postcount=6 And I do so by my own free will. You didn't buy a single thing from me nor did I solicit you with a single thing, I simply tried to help you because I could and this is how you come back. Way to stay classy bud.

Appreciate 0