BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Interest in Akrapovic exhaust?

06-03-2016, 07:48 AM   #1
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Interest in Akrapovic exhaust?

As stated in some other topics, I have a close relationship with Akrapovic and we have discussed the exhaust of the BMW M2 numerous times. To see if I can set up something for Bimmerpost users, like early delivery or being one of the first having the new exhaust on the car, I am trying to collect people here who are interested in the new exhaust.

I have already a number of people who send me a direct message with their name, country/location and the interest in the exhaust system. If you are interested in the exhaust from Akrapovic or any other of the Akrapovic parts available for the BMW M2 than please let me know and send me a private message on this forum.

I will collect all names and see in which way Akrapovic could potentially use that list to make sure Bimmerpost members get their exhaust sooner or faster. I am not promising anything, but we have a bigger chance if we combine all our interest in one single message to the exhaust builder. In the end, you never know if it might open up possibilities.

For those of you who would like to hear or see the exhaust, please refer to this topic: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1267239

If you have any questions about the exhaust than mention them below. The kit will be similar to the BMW M3/M4, and pricing is expected to be slightly lower or similar to the M3/M4. Other than that early information suggests it is a complete Evolution system with remote, down pipes and carbon fiber diffuser.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 06-03-2016 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 07:54 AM   #2
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

is the suggested MSRP out yet?
      06-03-2016, 08:02 AM   #3
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
is the suggested MSRP out yet?
Not yet, but as mentioned above early information suggests the price to be slightly lower or similar to the M3/M4 exhaust price.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

didn't know Akra sells direct? is this something new?

or are you a vendor and can get the exhaust earlier maybe?

side note; it does sound really good in that clip!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2016, 08:31 AM   #5
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
didn't know Akra sells direct? is this something new?

or are you a vendor and can get the exhaust earlier maybe?

side note; it does sound really good in that clip!
I am just a contact. I will see what can be done for people here, but that is about it. People still have purchase the exhaust via their local dealer, but perhaps we can get them the exhaust sooner and put them higher on the production/delivery list as Bimmerpost members or perhaps they want to do a groupbuy set up in which you get a nice discount. No idea if it works, but we can at least try. In the end you have no and maybe a yes to such a question.

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #6
Jevi Javi
Second Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: e46 M3 + G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I am just a contact. I will see what can be done for people here, but that is about it. People still have purchase the exhaust via their local dealer, but perhaps we can get them the exhaust sooner and put them higher on the production/delivery list as Bimmerpost members or perhaps they want to do a groupbuy set up in which you get a nice discount. No idea if it works, but we can at least try. In the end you have no and maybe a yes to such a question.

MR
did you sell your car?
      06-03-2016, 05:00 PM   #7
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevi Javi View Post
did you sell your car?
Nope I drove it across 8 European mountain passes, 8 countries and up to 6,300 km in about four weeks after the number plate arrived just in time for me to even be able to use the car, else it would have been collecting dust or sold. In the end I got an offer with a 10% premium on the day I left for my 6k km European road trip, which I arrived back from yesterday evening.

Furthermore, it has been at the Pagani HQ, Monaco F1 GP, Mille Miglia, a road rally in Tuscany and serviced in Italy while it is a Czech registered car. Also in the meantime, the car got a cf rear spoiler, gloss black grills, gloss black side gills, cf mirror caps and a cf roof wrap. Also the rear lights and rear reflectors were tinted, the BMW logos are not blue but black with white and there is Coyote mini installed in the cabin. Oh and my BMW logo on the back got nicked in Italy and the 2K km service was done.

It was an one major organisational challenge and a close call in the end... The plate shouldn't have come a day later, else someone in Germany would have driven my M2! The Akrapovic exhaust is next on the agenda. I hope the project is finished before the end of the Summer and then the next project car will arrive.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 06-03-2016 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #8
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

This sounds like a Group Buy.

I partake in Group Buys on other forums for discounts on car parts.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #9
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
This sounds like a Group Buy.

I partake in Group Buys on other forums for discounts on car parts.
It sounds like it, but I am not sure if it will be like that. I will suggest it of course.

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 06:56 PM   #10
ConR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

People do know that the M Perf exhaust is just a rebadged Akra right?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 10:28 PM   #11
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConR View Post
Don't tell metrickid you said that...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #12
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Haha! Don't even start that crap again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
Don't tell metrickid you said that...
Lol
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 03:43 AM   #13
eau_rouge
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina B3 G21 Touring

Garage List
Does anybody know if there is a slip-on system from Akrapovic for the M2 as well?
2005 E46 M3 S54 - TS/GN5TT - 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 03:53 AM   #14
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eau_rouge View Post
Does anybody know if there is a slip-on system from Akrapovic for the M2 as well?
They almost always release a slip-on with an optional link pipe. So I would say with 90% certainty they will for the M2 too.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #15
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:
I spoke the other day to a BMW product manager responsible for after-sales add on equipment including M-Performance stuff. She told me the MP exhaust has been developed jointly with Akrapovic and that when Akra bring one out it'll essentially be the same one.
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 09:11 AM   #16
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

M2 Stock exhaust:

M2 MPE:

So they're more different than many think. Dunno if it's an Akra though...

(pics via 1erforum member Anoooooh, Danke!)

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2016, 09:23 AM   #17
Jevi Javi
Second Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: e46 M3 + G05 X5

Quote:
Nope I drove it across 8 European mountain passes, 8 countries and up to 6,300 km in about four weeks after the number plate arrived just in time for me to even be able to use the car, else it would have been collecting dust or sold. In the end I got an offer with a 10% premium on the day I left for my 6k km European road trip, which I arrived back from yesterday evening.

Furthermore, it has been at the Pagani HQ, Monaco F1 GP, Mille Miglia, a road rally in Tuscany and serviced in Italy while it is a Czech registered car. Also in the meantime, the car got a cf rear spoiler, gloss black grills, gloss black side gills, cf mirror caps and a cf roof wrap. Also the rear lights and rear reflectors were tinted, the BMW logos are not blue but black with white and there is Coyote mini installed in the cabin. Oh and my BMW logo on the back got nicked in Italy and the 2K km service was done.

It was an one major organisational challenge and a close call in the end... The plate shouldn't have come a day later, else someone in Germany would have driven my M2! The Akrapovic exhaust is next on the agenda. I hope the project is finished before the end of the Summer and then the next project car will arrive.

MR

pics???
      06-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #18
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
M2 Stock exhaust:

M2 MPE:

So they're more different than many think. Dunno if it's an Akra though...

(pics via 1erforum member Anoooooh, Danke!)

Cheers
Robin
Lol, just look at the finish. It is NO Akrapovic. The M Performance exhausts by Akrapovic was for the M5 and still had Akrapovic logos. Move on people...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #19
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Will the Akra DP be catted?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #20
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Will the Akra DP be catted?
Yes it will be homologated for Euro 6 I think. The set up will be similar to the M4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevi Javi View Post

pics???
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1269412

On the subject of those two photos, the MPE is not a Akrapovic at least not by the looks of it. An Akrapovic exhaust is made of Titanium and the welds are totally different. The one I see here is not Titanium I believe, and the welds look a lot less than the quality I have seen on Akrapovic exhausts.

My idea is to start a comparison between all three and see if we can compare them sound wise. I will first make a video with mine, then with a M2 with MPE which is available in Czech Republic and then fit the Akrapovic.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 06-04-2016 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-05-2016, 06:26 AM   #21
AnooooOH
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: M235i

I`m not sure whether it`s an akrapovic setup or not.

But after hearing the akrapovic I directly placed my order for the MPE since the Akrapovic does not have the typical titanium sound I loves them for.

And what can be louder than straight pipes as a cat back system?

MANHART MH2 400 Partout
FS: MANHART MHtronik Tuning Box
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...5#post18819345
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #22
papir
Registered
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
As stated in some other topics, I have a close relationship with Akrapovic and we have discussed the exhaust of the BMW M2 numerous times. To see if I can set up something for Bimmerpost users, like early delivery or being one of the first having the new exhaust on the car, I am trying to collect people here who are interested in the new exhaust.

I have already a number of people who send me a direct message with their name, country/location and the interest in the exhaust system. If you are interested in the exhaust from Akrapovic or any other of the Akrapovic parts available for the BMW M2 than please let me know and send me a private message on this forum.

I will collect all names and see in which way Akrapovic could potentially use that list to make sure Bimmerpost members get their exhaust sooner or faster. I am not promising anything, but we have a bigger chance if we combine all our interest in one single message to the exhaust builder. In the end, you never know if it might open up possibilities.

For those of you who would like to hear or see the exhaust, please refer to this topic: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1267239

If you have any questions about the exhaust than mention them below. The kit will be similar to the BMW M3/M4, and pricing is expected to be slightly lower or similar to the M3/M4. Other than that early information suggests it is a complete Evolution system with remote, down pipes and carbon fiber diffuser.

MR
Dear MR,

How can i send you a direct message? Sorry, thank you!
Appreciate 0