ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

06-04-2016, 07:39 AM   #1
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition, M135i (sol

Waiting ... Waiting --- what have I done[?]

Still waiting the long & arduous painful gap of time before picking up my new mode of transport [October!] - given that no dealer close by has had a demo for 12months & were willing to let me drive before I had placed a deposit that I've had to try to satisfy myself with hours of 3 minute videos on YouTube trying to appreciate the new purchase and at the same time trying to quash the unending "holy shit what have I done, am I going to hate it or love it $100,000+ worth"
There's enough journalist reviews & similar for a quick blast around a track but very little of 'real life' commentary

There seems to be no-one that had give a true "this is what it's like to live with an M3 [F80] as a daily driver" Vlog or otherwise.

My extent of driving the new M3 was 12+ months ago on a track day certificate from when I bought the M135i... Which BMW took 2+ years to bring to QLD

I don't see many <3-5yo M3s out there for sale compared to how many they claim to sell so I'm hoping that I'm at least barking up the that tree - the Mercs are too "old-man" for my taste & that I would need to be a good 20-30yrs older to fit their target & the Audis are a really bland interior/tech & I have a really bad taste from my last VW still.

Those who have had one of the beautiful machines for a while put my mind at rest? I feel I have a decent enough deal to not burn too much cash but the wait & unknown is what kills me
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
bris_m3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

First of all, let me point out that I haven’t had my M3 for that long, less than a month.

The M3 was the car that I have always wanted, a lotto win would have enabled other choices, but having owned a number of previous BMW’s this was the top of my shopping list, Mercedes never entered into the equation.

I was quite lucky in that there was a used M3 up for sale at my dealership in Jan giving my wife and I the opportunity to see if the M3 could be a daily drive. Having both driven it, the decision was easy. Next came the hard part of waiting for the delivery.

As stated, I haven’t had the car that long, in fact its still in its running in phase. Having said that, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I have made the right decision and look forward to driving it every opportunity I have.

There are a couple over early observations:-
  • The fuel economy is good for this type of car, but about double that of my previous car.
  • It’s hard not to put your foot down, when tempted. When you do, boy does it go. Could easy see the possibility of losing one’s licence.
  • It does seem to encourage other people who think they have faster cars to show off. Maybe even trying to tempt you to race. I just chuckle and let them get on with it.

I know the wait is arduous, but when you get the car you will love it.
Appreciate 0