Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Warning: rant below!

So obviously everyone around here is in love with the/their M2. For the most part, she gets love from other drivers when I'm on the road but usually, most people don't seem to know what it is or simply don't notice it and that's totally fine with me. I got the car for myself and no one else.

Well, today was a different kind of day. I was parked/standing in front of an American car dealership on a busy part of my area and I have never heard so much hate on a car in my life. It was like clockwork, one by one these guys waltzed out of the dealership and conspicuously checked out my car. I just wanted to let you all know, that apparently the M2 is the following:

- "good enough car for a girl"
- "the new M235 bullshit
- "it's a new two series"
- "it's an M3?"
- "whack ass 335 twin scroll that only makes 300hp"
-"last M car BMW made was the 1M, Idk what this is supposed to be"

I mean seriously? What the hell is wrong with people? I was minding my own business having a conversation and these people actually thought their opinions were valid and actually mattered. Guess what? They don't! I'm not sure if it's because I'm a woman or what. I find it hard to believe that if a guy was standing there that they would start talking sh*t to him like that.

/rant
      06-07-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post

So obviously everyone around here is in love with the/their M2. For the most part, she gets love from other drivers when I'm on the road but usually, most people don't seem to know what it is or simply don't notice it and that's totally fine with me. I got the car for myself and no one else.

Well, today was a different kind of day. I was parked/standing in front of an American car dealership on a busy part of my area and I have never heard so much hate on a car in my life. It was like clockwork, one by one these guys waltzed out of the dealership and conspicuously checked out my car. I just wanted to let you all know, that apparently the M2 is the following:

- "the new M235 bullshit
- "it's an M3?"

I mean seriously? What the hell is wrong with people? I was minding my own business having a conversation and these people actually thought their opinions were valid and actually mattered. Guess what? They don't! I'm not sure if it's because I'm a woman or what. I find it hard to believe that if a guy was standing there that they would start talking sh*t to him like that.

/rant
Don't worry about them. Odds are that they would suck a dick just to be able to drive an M2. Jealousy makes people mean, you should hear the fat bitches I work with tell me what a piece of shit my car is.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 8
      06-07-2016, 10:08 PM   #3
shemeld_135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 SO - M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Quote:

- "the new M235 bullshit
- "it's an M3?"

/rant
Don't worry about them. Odds are that they would suck a dick just to be able to drive an M2. Jealousy makes people mean, you should hear the fat bitches I work with tell me what a piece of shit my car is.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Quote:

- "the new M235 bullshit
- "it's an M3?"

/rant
Car culture is different in NA. No one actually has any "talent" while judging cars. By that I mean that for one, people who judge are armchair car enthusiasts with no real knowledge or experience. At best they are stats whores. Another is that jealously just gets in the way for them.

I found that in Europe people appreciate cars much more and have more respect for engineering. I had photos taken and honks and requests for revs everywhere I went. I was even surprised when women and elderly ( not your usual demographic ) people would turn heads and track my car for a bit. Very weird at first!
      06-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #5
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Forgive them for they do not understand...either you know or you don't. Lotsa ignorance/childish jealousy out there. Just enjoy the car.
Appreciate 2
      06-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #6
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

As other have said, likely just jealousy and trying to feel better by diminishing something 10x nicer than what they drive. Could also be dreamers that turn their nose up at anything that is not an Aventador SV or Chiron... but will likely never drive anything better than a Corolla S in their entire lives.

Surprised someone knew what a 1M was but didn't know the M2. Uneven education! What are they teaching them in schools today?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 10:47 PM   #7
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Wait, these are guys that worked at the dealership?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #8
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Wait til the M235 guys start hating on the M2... it's going to happen.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #9
Fullofdays
Private
Rep
Drives: m

06-08-2016, 12:46 AM   #10
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

F87LUV , that sucks and is very annoying, but you probably won't believe if I say I 'm having exactly the opposite this last week. From blue collar to people in suits, at the dealership/workers/suits from kids/teenagers to older people, they're all very positive and thumbs up...

And I'm talking about The Netherlands here, where a 114i already is a sign of egoism and supercapitalism lol.

My dad was looking at my car(which he really really likes, the shape reminds him of his former 328ci E46) and told me: The car does look sporty and nice but not exactly 'executive'.

A 520D M package F10 with 20 inch wheels makes a way more luxuriuous presence I guess.

It's just a bad ass car with a real stance and a hungry motor and I love it

So no worries, it's your car, a great one... and envy is just around the corner.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2016, 12:54 AM   #11
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Car culture is different in NA. No one actually has any "talent" while judging cars. By that I mean that for one, people who judge are armchair car enthusiasts with no real knowledge or experience. At best they are stats whores. Another is that jealously just gets in the way for them.

I found that in Europe people appreciate cars much more and have more respect for engineering. I had photos taken and honks and requests for revs everywhere I went. I was even surprised when women and elderly ( not your usual demographic ) people would turn heads and track my car for a bit. Very weird at first!
I mean, I live in the US and have had nothing but positive comments, I wouldn't generalize an incredibly diverse nation and make it sound like we're a bunch of idiots...

Soon.
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2016, 01:06 AM   #12
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Who gives a shit what other people think? Is that why you bought the car? You drive something special, end of story.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2016, 01:26 AM   #13
kylejdavidson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 - LBB, DCT

Jealousy is a sad sad thing. Enjoy the hate.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2016, 02:25 AM   #14
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

I haven't heard any negatives about mine. Only thing was some poor jokes at work about me having a mid life crisis and would use the car to pick up young girls in. (I wish! )
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2016, 02:32 AM   #15
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Odds are that they would suck a dick just to be able to drive an M2.
Pfft, if that's all it took, I'd already have my car.
Appreciate 3
      06-08-2016, 04:15 AM   #16
winterrogue_F87
Queen of Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2015 BMW 228xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV

- "the new M235 bullshit
- "it's an M3?"

/rant
These are the same mofos that probably can't even afford a 320i. People hate when they can't get it for themselves. I get the
"her parents must have gotten her that car."
"Is this your boy friend's car?"

I'm also not white so I get some racist comments thrown in there too since I'm driving an expensive car...

Anywho one thing for sure don't argue with fools. You are empowering that little girl who parents told her "cars are for boys"
      06-08-2016, 04:28 AM   #17
badluck
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

i've had nothing but love so far. People have stopped me to tell me how awesome it is. I live in the UK though, dont know if thats a factor.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2016, 05:20 AM   #18
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Not sure what's wrong with their comments really?

06-08-2016, 05:26 AM   #19
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Wait, these are guys that worked at the dealership?
Yeah. They were.
      06-08-2016, 05:27 AM   #20
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73
Who gives a shit what other people think? Is that why you bought the car? You drive something special, end of story.
I don't. I just don't see why a bunch of grown men felt the need to come outside and talk down to me.
      06-08-2016, 05:28 AM   #21
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Hehe. I like to respond as the picture shows. Seriously, I like to engage in a little debate - fight ignorance with knowledge?

Option 1) OK, interesting point guys. Which of the cars in your dealership would you like to compare it to? You want a red light race boy comparison? Track car comparison? Dual purpose street/track car comparison? You want to hate, let's talk numbers?

Option 2) sarcasm. Well, not all of us are compensating for something *glance to a vacant crotch region*. Warning, if male, this can start an altercation, so be ready.

Option 3) selected most often. Disdainful and dismissive chuckling. A glance and a chuckle that says "your opinion REALLY doesn't matter to me" goes a long way.
Attached Images

06-08-2016, 05:28 AM   #22
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV

- "the new M235 bullshit
- "it's an M3?"

/rant
These are the same mofos that probably can't even afford a 320i. People hate when they can't get it for themselves. I get the
"her parents must have gotten her that car."
"Is this your boy friend's car?"

I'm also not white so I get some racist comments thrown in there too since I'm driving an expensive car...

Anywho one thing for sure don't argue with fools. You are empowering that little girl who parents told her "cars are for boys"
I've gotten the "is this your boyfriends car?" since like 2004. Lol.

When I went to pick up my car from service, they had it down as 235 on the paperwork. The car rolls up and the guy is baffled. He kept asking me if I was sure that it was my car, all like