F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Education and Upgrades
Studio RSR

06-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #1
Konstrukteur
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i X-Drive M-Sport

Education and Upgrades

I'm new to all this and trying to figure out where to go to talk to someone about recommended upgrades and an order of importance. I was thinking maybe Turner Motorsport. Anyone have any dealings with them?

What I have is a 2013 335i X-Drive, M-Sport with Adaptive M Suspension and pretty much all the bells and whistles.

I would like to be a little faster with better handling than an equivalent Audi S4/S5.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Just check the forum...there are lots of tune/piggybacks for the n55

It all depends on how far you want to take it (mod it)

For suspension, either check Dinan or go KW coilovers
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 07:42 AM   #3
lunchbox
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i X drive

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 335  [0.00]
2013 335xi  [0.00]
if you have the adaptive suspension then youll also need the Dinan software to go along with the springs and bump stops. KW coils are nice but, if it was me I would just keep the adaptive suspension.

As for mods I myself am new but, will give you the super quick overview of what I have found.
Tunes:
BMS stage 1 for a little bit extra power and super easy install. Good if your still underwarranty.
BMS JB4- for lots of power and a bit longer install. Neither are permanent modifications.
Enzo- lots of power, not cheap and you send your ECU away.
Dinan- Stage 2, Most expensive and about as much power as the BMS stage 1. But comes with a dinan warranty.

Exhausts- lots of people have the M performance exhaust. Its not much louder than stock.
Dinan exhaust- a bit louder and oddly not to overpriced.
I dont know much else about exhausts

Intake- most people here have the BMS or Injin intakes. Both cheap and sound great.
Downpipe- quick extra HP. Not a quick install and you may have issues getting a sticker down the line.
Personally I want to go with a sealed intake. LIke a APE or the dinan both are about double to the other intakes. All give about the same HP (which in my mind is 0, but dynos say it adds a tiny bit)

Intercooler- Lowers engine temps, good for higher HP tuned cars. Don't know much on the subject.

charge pipe- More of a precautionary mod, doesn't yield much power if any that I know of?

Rims- Lots of people seem to love the VMR 359 replica wheels. I myself am looking for a second set of rims and cant decide on what to get. TPMS are very specific for this car so make sure you are getting the ones for your year car. The stock M3 359's wont fit on a stock 335i.

Front OEM spoilers are cool and cost about $450 on ebay. I think this ones on my short list along with Dinan springs, an intake new rims and exhaust.

Thats the high level overview of stuff that I could think of right away.

PM me if you want to chat, I am no expert but happy to help if I can.
Appreciate 0