E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > UUC rear sway VS M3 rear sway on E92 335XI

06-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #1
cedric5555
Rep
Drives: BMW

Question UUC rear sway VS M3 rear sway on E92 335XI

hi,
Comparing the UUC rear sway and M3 rear sway (with M3 subframe bushing) on E92 335XI with UUC front sway. May I ask which option is better?
I know UUC rear is 19mm and M3 rear sway has 22.5mm.
Should I use M3 subframe bushing with UUC rear sway? If not, any suggestion?

I am still thinking which sway to pick for the rear. Please advise.
Thank you so much.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #2
AtlasM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
The M3 bar is larger diameter but hollow whereas the UUC bar is solid so it's stiffer.

If you have the UUC front sway bar you should use a UUC or some other aftermarket solid bar, not the M3 bar. Pretty much any bar like this will include its own bushings. I can tell you that if you're looking for something right now, UUC is out of stock of bushings and not shipping any orders.

Subframe bushings are separate from the sway bar. People often do subframe bushings and rear sway bars at the same time because you need to drop the subframe to do each of them.

There are lots of options for subframe bushings. For full bushings and not inserts, the cheapest set is Whiteline KDT917 for about $180 from most places. You can do M3, or any other number of other fancy options, depending on how much you want to spend.
Appreciate 0