THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM New M235 Estoril Blue

06-09-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
mwhalley
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 F80

New M235 Estoril Blue

Just got a new M235 a couple of weeks ago. Just trying to work out best paint combos to get on the aero pack?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #2
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i

Looking good!!!! What mods do you have in mind so far?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #3
Swirley84
Rep
Drives: M235

Nice, I just picked up the same colour 235 two weeks ago, looks so much nicer in the flesh everyone compliments the colour!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 02:16 AM   #4
mwhalley
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm.thinking front splitter, side blades and decals, grills all in black, plus C/F rear spoiler.
I'm not a massive fan of the rear diffuser, in fact I like the standard one in shadow grey.
M Performance exhaust
19" 405 wheels

I'd like to get some better pedals and foot rest but I think the BMW ones are a bit expensive, same with the C/F wing mirrors
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #5
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhalley
I'm.thinking front splitter, side blades and decals, grills all in black, plus C/F rear spoiler.
I'm not a massive fan of the rear diffuser, in fact I like the standard one in shadow grey.
M Performance exhaust
19" 405 wheels

I'd like to get some better pedals and foot rest but I think the BMW ones are a bit expensive, same with the C/F wing mirrors
Some great picks on that list of yours.... I just ordered mine and dropped the rear diffuser at the last minute... I just love those carbon mirrors to much.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #6
mwhalley
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyUK View Post
Some great picks on that list of yours.... I just ordered mine and dropped the rear diffuser at the last minute... I just love those carbon mirrors to much.
Have you seen the carbon mirrors leeadam has? I think they're good.
http://www.autoid.uk.com/gallery/9jc...0nixty0kg79g82
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhalley
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyUK View Post
Have you seen the carbon mirrors leeadam has? I think they're good.
http://www.autoid.uk.com/gallery/9jc...0nixty0kg79g82
Yeah... They look great... Look like the kind of mirrors the M2 should have. Maybe in 3 years when I get an M2. ?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #8
jamiejimmydavies
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 comp

I have an M Performance carbon rear spoiler going spare if you haven't got around to getting one yet? Managed to mix up an order and end up with two
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 07:20 AM   #9
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
AutoID Carbon Mirrors

It's my M235i on the AutoID website with the carbon mirrors. At £104 the pair they're a lot cheaper than the £400 for the BMW ones, and the AutoID are full replacements, not those that just stick on top:

To be honest, I think that the body colour would look as good.

I'm with you re the diffuser - not sure it's worth the cost/effort. But what struck me is that the grey panel above the exhausts would surely look better in the bodywork Estoril Blue? But perhaps it already is on the Coupé? On the Convertible it's grey.

Also, I've re-sprayed the gaiter surround in matt black because I just didn't like the rather naff silver colour. Just cost a few cans from Halfords and 24h of paint drying. This is an alternative to the £209 carbon fibre replacement part form BMW. It doesn't involve removing anything with attached wiring or components, so it seemed a good starting-point to see how hard it is to remove/replace trim.

The interior trim is High Gloss Black, which I chose deliberately against yet more silver trim. You might consider re-spray rather than the £500 interior CF trim set (which doesn't include gaiter or gear stick CF - these are yet more £). I had thought about re-spraying more of the silver either matt black or body colour, but at this stage I can't be bothered and I'm not sure it would look right.

Last edited by msej449; 08-16-2016 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #10
mwhalley
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Nice ideas there. I think with black leather though the silver lifts it and stops the cabin being too dark.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #11
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhalley View Post
Nice ideas there. I think with black leather though the silver lifts it and stops the cabin being too dark.
Yes, that's a good point - we had an all-black 235i Convertible as a test car for the day and I did like the overall effect, but it needed a bit of lightening in terms of trim. I also liked the black wheels (624M - see the wheel configurator). But I've had a black car before and found that they look great when newly cleaned, but dirty very quickly, unless you can garage them.

Estoril blue with all-black interior would also look good. But my previous Audi had a black interior and it got depressing on longer journeys in the winter months. Somehow I can't warm to the Coral Red but I can see why people go for it as an alternative to black or beige.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 10:33 AM   #12
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

not great video but shows the M kit on mine and mirrors
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 05:02 PM   #13
GuyUK
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeadam
not great video but shows the M kit on mine and mirrors
Love it Lee.... Is your mineral white or alpine? Got to get some 19"s on there...it makes the look.
Appreciate 0