THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning My Experience with Enzo Performance

06-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
j.ross
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M sport

My Experience with Enzo Performance

Hello 2Addicts,

This will be my quick write up of my experiences with Enzo Performance and my trip out to see them once I returned to the US.

Backstory: I purchased my first BMW, a 2015 228i M-Sport, while I was stationed in Germany in Nov 2014. I was completely satisfied with the power delivery. It was not only my first BMW but it was also my first turbo car.I was completely satisfied until a buddy of mine picked up a M235i and it just made my 228i feel so slow in comparison. I immediately started shopping around for a tune. I had never tuned a car before so I started reading up on everything I could find on the web. I finally narrowed it down to wanting a flash tune and the only 2 being offered at the time were Enzo Performance and GSR. Both were offering similar power outputs and prices. I decided to go with Enzo because of the group buy that was going on and for the fact that they offered a warranty to go along with the tune.

Tuning: I went ahead and pulled the trigger in September 2015 and called them to see what we could work out on me sending the ECU out and them sending it back. Chris and Renato were insanely helpful and communicated with me in every step of the process. Chris even went so far as informing me the moment the ECU arrived and when he shipped the ECU back out (within 2 hours of receiving it). Once I received my ECU, I reinstalled it and was completely satisfied with the results. The car just felt so much more alive! Everything was going great with the car and had no complaints until I received a CEL for my intake (Injen) in January 2016. I called the shop and spoke with Enzo directly and discussed what the problem could be and what to do to correct it. Enzo also told me to come by the shop in May when I get back to the US to update my tune.

Return to the US: After I arrived back in May, I immediately called the office to see when I could bring my car down after picking it up. I spoke with Renato and we set up a time for June 3rd to head over for a tune update and downpipe. After getting the run around of picking my car the day before from the port in Newark (nightmare) I immediately made the 2.5 hour drive from Pennsylvania to New York the following day. I tried to avoid traffic so I left my house at around 4am so that I could get to the bridge before everyone else. I arrived at the shop around 0630 because I avoided the traffic a little too well. Enzo rolled up shortly after and immediately brought my into the shop and gave me the grand tour before everyone else rolled in for opening time. The shop was one of the cleanest that I had ever seen. At around 0800, everyone else rolled in and Enzo introduced me to everybody in the shop. Ferenc was the technician that was assigned to my car and let me know everything that he was doing. He began by pulling my ECU and updated the tune while it was still in the parking lot since they did not have any open bays at the moment. While I waited, Renato ran to store and brought back one of the best cheese danish I had ever had. Ferenc pulled my car in the shop and got to work on fitting the Catless Downpipe in as soon as the other vehicle was pulled out. They had to adjust the bracket slightly to mount the downpipe but got it fitted just as good as stock. After everything was complete, Enzo came out and took a look while it was on the lift and then took a test drive and ran through his checklist to make sure everything was squared away.

Opinion: I have the utmost respect and trust in the Enzo Performance team. They have been nothing but outstanding in more ways than I could think of. I was and am immensely satisfied with my decision to go with Enzo Performance for my tune and Catless Downpipe. I would highly recommend them to anybody looking to squeeze out more performance from their car.

Here is a link to my exhaust sound after the catless DP install.

Thank you again to the team at Enzo Performance!!
Appreciate 5
amw896582.50
      06-11-2016, 09:22 PM   #2
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

First, welcome back to America. I miss Germany every day since I arrived back here in SC last August. I have my QQ plates on the wall in the garage.

Second, I'm glad that you had the experience with Enzo that you have had. I have been looking into tuning my 228 as well and something keeps bringing me back to the flash tune instead of the piggy back route.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

Great set of guys over there.

And its always a different supercar and drag car in the shop each time you go visit.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 2
      06-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #4
j.ross
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
First, welcome back to America. I miss Germany every day since I arrived back here in SC last August. I have my QQ plates on the wall in the garage.

Second, I'm glad that you had the experience with Enzo that you have had. I have been looking into tuning my 228 as well and something keeps bringing me back to the flash tune instead of the piggy back route.
It is nice to be back in the states though. I would highly recommend going the flash tune route and going with Enzo. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.
Appreciate 3
      06-12-2016, 08:43 PM   #5
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

The first time we went to Kroger we almost had a panic attack from all the options. We couldn't find anything. Ha ha.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 02:40 PM   #6
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
+1 for the guys at Enzo Performance