BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M Drivers Package question...

06-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #1
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

M Drivers Package question...

For those of us in the US, where increasing the car's top speed seems mostly unnecessary...what are people's thoughts on paying for the M drivers package, which I think includes a performance center driving course, versus trying to do PCD at pickup?

If anyone can provide the details of the package I would love to learn more.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr
For those of us in the US, where increasing the car's top speed seems mostly unnecessary...what are people's thoughts on paying for the M drivers package, which I think includes a performance center driving course, versus trying to do PCD at pickup?

Thanks!!
On the M2, I wouldn't. It's only a small increase and how often is one able to "legally" able to reach 163 mph? It's priced at $2500 and is not discountable. The school separate out of pocket is far less.

Back with the E39 M5, the car came with 2 Complentary vouchers (1 for the buyer/leasee and one that could be given to anyone) and valid for 1 or 2 years. Pre-owned buyers were allowed to redeem them for a a while if the previous owner had not redeemed them. They they changed the policy restricting it to the first user only and the 2nd could only be used by an immediate relative. E6x M's came with one complementary voucher for the first user and expired after 6 months. The redemption rate was so low, it was finally discontinued. Now it's a pure profit center mechanism.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr

Thanks!!
On the M2, I wouldn't. It's only a small increase and how often is one able to "legally" able to reach 163 mph? It's priced at $2500 and is not discountable. The school separate out of pocket is far less.

Back with the E39 M5, the car came with 2 Complentary vouchers (1 for the buyer/leasee and one that could be given to anyone) and valid for 1 or 2 years. Pre-owned buyers were allowed to redeem them for a a while if the previous owner had not redeemed them. They they changed the policy restricting it to the first user only and the 2nd could only be used by an immediate relative. E6x M's came with one complementary voucher for the first user and expired after 6 months. The redemption rate was so low, it was finally discontinued. Now it's a pure profit center mechanism.
Makes sense. I couldn't justify the cost in my head, especially not needing the extra speed
Appreciate 0