E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Windshield washer pump only ticks

06-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #1
loknar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 iDrive

Windshield washer pump only ticks

My windshield washer isn't working. (I did browse other threads and found mixed information most people have a clogging problem or the pump is heard working which is not my case.)

Junction box electronics ecu, with ista, reports fluid level higher than minimum. (It's full)

It stopped working a few times. Working totally normal the rest of the time. This makes me think it's not cloggging. Can only hear the pump when I trigger it with ista. And it's only two ticks, no whirrr. The steering wheel switches does nothing unless I perform a reset on the jbe ecu, then the double tick is heard once and then silent for subsequent pulls of the lever.

Looked at the fuse box in glove compartment; fuses related to windshield are ok. The paper claims fuse 84 is responsible for this system but on my fuse box there is nothing at that position.

Tried finding a 15 pin connector mentioned in other thread but I have none at the front of my fuse box.

Did not remove the wheel to dig further yet. Will try to avoid this.

Trying to figure out:
What connector
What fuse
What relay

Last edited by loknar; 06-16-2016 at 10:51 AM..
Appreciate 0