THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Inconsistent Power - stock?

06-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #1
griz31
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330xi

Inconsistent Power - stock?

Hey Everyone,

Have had my 2016 BSM M235i for a little under a month now (~approaching 1200 miles).

I have mostly followed the break-in process, with a couple spirited drives along the way. I would say even for the most part when I get on it, I shift before the 4500 mark.

Anyways, I have noticed the stock power (in sport mode) seems to be a bit inconsistent. Sometimes I'll get on it and it's like a rocket ship. Other times it just seems like it just doesn't have the same power. In searching the threads I did read up on resetting throttle response and have performed that. It seemed to help for that drive, but the inconsistencies seemed to return.

This is pretty subjective and could very well just be my butt dyno messing with me, but just curious if anyone has experienced what feels like inconsistent power in the stock m235i? Is this something thats maybe common in the first few 1000 miles?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
peterdf
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Coupe

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [10.00]
Is traction control on? not just sport+, but all of traction control. Hold the traction control button (above the drive mode selector) for 5-10 seconds until the warning comes on in iDrive. If you don't do this, the car will still hold back at extreme limits, even in sport+. Also, the engine will cut when accelerating in turns due to loss of traction if the traction control is not completely off.

Just a quick reminder that you do this at your own risk. If you've never driven without traction control, makes sure you have LOTS of flat, wide-open space.
      09-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #3
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

It's the traction control and/or the DSC.They intervene a lot.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz31 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Have had my 2016 BSM M235i for a little under a month now (~approaching 1200 miles).

I have mostly followed the break-in process, with a couple spirited drives along the way. I would say even for the most part when I get on it, I shift before the 4500 mark.

Anyways, I have noticed the stock power (in sport mode) seems to be a bit inconsistent. Sometimes I'll get on it and it's like a rocket ship. Other times it just seems like it just doesn't have the same power. In searching the threads I did read up on resetting throttle response and have performed that. It seemed to help for that drive, but the inconsistencies seemed to return.

This is pretty subjective and could very well just be my butt dyno messing with me, but just curious if anyone has experienced what feels like inconsistent power in the stock m235i? Is this something thats maybe common in the first few 1000 miles?

Thanks!
How did you reset the throttle response? I'm having throttle response issues on mine. Maybe what you did will fix my issue, if only temporarily.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 12:09 AM   #5
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMatt3 View Post
How did you reset the throttle response? I'm having throttle response issues on mine. Maybe what you did will fix my issue, if only temporarily.
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1020477
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #6
griz31
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMatt3 View Post
^^ Pikachu linked the process I followed
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #7
Vorlon
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i

Tried this morning and it feels....like it works.
Appreciate 0