European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

06-19-2016, 04:34 AM   #1
MarcR32
Rep
Drives: 2008 R32

M3 pricing 2016

Hi All

Looking for guidance as to what people have been paying for M3's, I am in the market for a Mineral grey, M3 with Competition pack and have been quoted $152k drive away. Given that its the end of financial year here, and the car is in stock I would have thought nearer to $140k with 5 years servicing would be closer to the mark, especially looking at other posts similar to this thread. I am sure there are finance deals around as well

Regards
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 07:19 AM   #2
Race82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Not sure, but sounds about right... I am considering the M3 30 Jahre Edition and was quoted circa $163k including onroads, anybody else been quoted on this edition for less/more?

Interested to know if people think the extra $10k or so above a standard m3 comp pack will be worth it, given it's basically a CP with special paint and some extra badging and bi-colour seats?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #3
brownb_2
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Eofy sales don't include the M cars. Damn! .
That's about right. I got 147 for non comp in WA. It's 5 grand for the comp pack.

EDIT: an interesting note, if you option the car the same as it comes in Australia (pretty much every option we get standard here with the LCI), in Germany, at the current exchange rate, an M3 in germany cost the same as in australia.

Last edited by brownb_2; 06-21-2016 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #4
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition, M135i (sol

I can see if my guy will do the same price for others as a 'group buy'

I bought with individual paint & ZCP @ $139k
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 10:28 PM   #5
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: R53 MCS

Wow that's a good price I thought indiv paint was like 5k?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 07:00 AM   #6
brownb_2
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Siin_ View Post

thats like over 16k off retail?
minus the individual paint.

im assuming thats not drive away?
or theres a promo on?

EDIT: also did you get finance or cash it?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #7
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownb_2 View Post
thats like over 16k off retail?
minus the individual paint.

im assuming thats not drive away?
or theres a promo on?

EDIT: also did you get finance or cash it?
No promo (as far as I am aware), drive away, finance myself - so essentially cash
[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 09:05 AM   #8
brownb_2
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
No promo (as far as I am aware), drive away, finance myself - so essentially cash
you sir, win

haha

very good deal. nice work

Its a bit harder in WA as our stamp duty is the highest in the country
Is the 5700 stamp duty and the 15870 the LCT?

also up the top, i cant see, what is the -15565?

sorry for the questions, just seeing if i can debate with the dealership in WA

Last edited by brownb_2; 07-01-2016 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 06:32 PM   #9
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, was a long battle to get it

Quote:
Correct
Quote:
Pre-taxes discount (pre GST, LCT, duties)

I see your duties would be 6.5%, so about $7545 & I think your licence fee would be around $300? Plus CTP?

You might be better off buying in the eastern states & then putting it on the back of a truck & the transferring the Registration to WA?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #10
brownb_2
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Siin_
Quote:
Thanks, was a long battle to get it

Quote:
Correct
Quote:
Pre-taxes discount (pre GST, LCT, duties)

I see your duties would be 6.5%, so about $7545 & I think your licence fee would be around $300? Plus CTP?

You might be better off buying in the eastern states & then putting it on the back of a truck & the transferring the Registration to WA?
Thanks for the info , yep you're correct. 12month rego is about 600 though and stamp comes in at 9300

Looking at it all the prices line up. It's just the big discount you got that makes it better

That was the first thought. The only thing is that for warranty or the servicing I think they want you to take it back to the dealer you bought it from.

Last edited by brownb_2; 07-01-2016 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: price updates
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 11:51 PM   #11
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info , yep you're correct. 12month rego is about 600 though and stamp comes in at 9300

Looking at it all the prices line up. It's just the big discount you got that makes it better

That was the first thought. The only thing is that for warranty or the servicing I think they want you to take it back to the dealer you bought it from.
Rego is about same here; your stamps are a killer though - ouch !

Warranty / servicing is BMW backed not dealer backed - any BMW dealer (& most authorised service agents) wont mess with your warranty.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #12
brownb_2
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Rego is about same here; your stamps are a killer though - ouch !

Warranty / servicing is BMW backed not dealer backed - any BMW dealer (& most authorised service agents) wont mess with your warranty.
Haha yeah it's a killer.
Yeah I understand however I don't think the packaged 5 year service would still work? Also the warranty would be okay yes. But I think if you need to claim against it they will ask if to be brought back to where you bought it from.

If that's the case, everyone to Darwin! It's the cheapest in the NT!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2016, 01:37 AM   #13
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Haha yeah it's a killer.
Yeah I understand however I don't think the packaged 5 year service would still work? Also the warranty would be okay yes. But I think if you need to claim against it they will ask if to be brought back to where you bought it from.

Id be surprised if they made you take it back from where you bought it from, else theres no point being a franchised dealer... what happens if you bought in Melbourne & moved to Sydney, surely they wouldn't make you take your car to Melbourne for a service or warranty work?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 12:22 AM   #14
brownb_2
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Haha yeah it's a killer.

Id be surprised if they made you take it back from where you bought it from, else theres no point being a franchised dealer... what happens if you bought in Melbourne & moved to Sydney, surely they wouldn't make you take your car to Melbourne for a service or warranty work?
Can't speak for BMW, but Mazda, Nissan and Honda did exactly that for warranty work. (Mine and family cars) Always had to go back to the purchase dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 03:14 AM   #15
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Can't speak for BMW, but Mazda, Nissan and Honda did exactly that for warranty work. (Mine and family cars) Always had to go back to the purchase dealer.
Seriously?
I'd be pissed if I was given that kind of service, met especially from BMW where you would expect that extra level given the prices we pay for these vehicles
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #16
eff1dude
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY17 M3 Competition S/S

Quote:

Hi - first time poster here (for quite a while). That's a very good price! I've been to a couple of dealers here in Melbourne as i'm looking to order pretty much the exact same config as you did. Tanzanite Blue M3 Competition with 5 years scheduled servicing. Best price i've been quoted is $143,500 on road. Dealer said "not a dollar less" and let me walk so I think that's about it. Our stamp duty here in VIC is approx $1K more than NSW so like-for-like I was hoping for closer to $140K.

Where is 'your guy' located ? If he is interested in a group buy, i'd be interested, assuming he's happy to sell interstate.

On a side note, BMW Melbourne in Southbank has an M3 Competition in 'Grigio Telesto' on the floor at the moment. It's a Lambo colour (I think) and it looks great! Can't justify the $8K extra though
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2016, 04:24 AM   #17
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff1dude View Post
Hi - first time poster here (for quite a while). That's a very good price! I've been to a couple of dealers here in Melbourne as i'm looking to order pretty much the exact same config as you did. Tanzanite Blue M3 Competition with 5 years scheduled servicing. Best price i've been quoted is $143,500 on road. Dealer said "not a dollar less" and let me walk so I think that's about it. Our stamp duty here in VIC is approx $1K more than NSW so like-for-like I was hoping for closer to $140K.

Where is 'your guy' located ? If he is interested in a group buy, i'd be interested, assuming he's happy to sell interstate.

On a side note, BMW Melbourne in Southbank has an M3 Competition in 'Grigio Telesto' on the floor at the moment. It's a Lambo colour (I think) and it looks great! Can't justify the $8K extra though
I'll find out, PM me your details and *exactly* what you want... I'm buying from interstate (QLD/NSW), stamps/rego are about $1,100 cheaper up here so I've asked for delivery on permit & I'll sort the plates etc privately & pay the $500 to put it on the back of a Ceva truck.
Be ready to drop a deposit thought to commit the order, let me know if you're trading, or need finance and I'll sort out a 'package deal' for you...

Last edited by _Siin_; 07-25-2016 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: Text correction
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 03:31 AM   #18
eff1dude
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I'll find out, PM me your details and *exactly* what you want... I'm buying from interstate (QLD/NSW), stamps/rego are about $1,100 cheaper up here so I've asked for delivery on permit & I'll sort the plates etc privately & pay the $500 to put it on the back of a Ceva truck.
Be ready to drop a deposit thought to commit the order, let me know if you're trading, or need finance and I'll sort out a 'package deal' for you...
Since I posted there has been some developments regarding pricing - i'll know more tomorrow and will post back when I have confirmation.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 04:43 AM   #19
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Since I posted there has been some developments regarding pricing - i'll know more tomorrow and will post back when I have confirmation.
No worries... Whenever you're ready
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 12:54 AM   #20
eff1dude
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Some good news! I noticed that _Siin's_ deal seemed to be done through a regional dealer so I thought i'd try a VIC regional dealer and was able to negotiate a d/away price of $139K for an M3 with Competition pack and Individual paint (no finance and no trade-in). Very happy with the deal and now the wait begins!!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 03:59 PM   #21
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Some good news! I noticed that _Siin's_ deal seemed to be done through a regional dealer so I thought i'd try a VIC regional dealer and was able to negotiate a d/away price of $139K for an M3 with Competition pack and Individual paint (no finance and no trade-in). Very happy with the deal and now the wait begins!!
Nice one! Well done
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 06:07 PM   #22
eff1dude
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Nice one! Well done
Thanks mate! Ended up going with Azurite Black and Silverstone in the end. Tanzanite was just a bit too blue.
Appreciate 0