Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

06-22-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
AWE46M3
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: F82

Thumbs up Visiting Chicago!! Suggestions..?

I'll be visiting Chicago this coming weekend for four days. Any recommendations on where to go or eat? I'm there with my gf, been looking online but seems like they all recommend the same stuff, I thought it'd be best to ask some local instead...much help appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #2
brian30tw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 delivered in Munich

Welcome!

There are thousands of restaurants here. The more info you can provide about what type of food you want, what price point, etc., the better the advice will be.

Honestly, Yelp is a great resource in Chicago with tons of users. If a restaurant has 4 stars on Yelp, it'll be good, guaranteed.

If you're looking for nicer places (maybe a date with the gf), start with the Michelin Guide here. You can't go wrong with anything on this list.
https://www.finedininglovers.com/blo...the-full-list/

Those are all pretty well established places, but if you want something trendier, Chicago Magazine is a good resource:
http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Ma...w-Restaurants/
http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Ma...2016/Hot-List/

Many of these places will require a lot of lead time to get a reservation, so they may not be good choices.

If you want some great cocktail bars, use this guide:
http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Ma...-Bars-Chicago/

It goes on and on...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 04:50 PM   #3
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Also depends on your neighborhood and style. I'm guessing you will be in River North. If so go to Bavettes, STK, Fontera Grill, Eataly, IO Godfrey Rooftop, Beatrix, RL Restaurant, GT Fish and Oyster, Big Star, Barcocina, Summer House, ...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #4
al3xander
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Also depends on your neighborhood and style. I'm guessing you will be in River North. If so go to Bavettes, STK, Fontera Grill, Eataly, IO Godfrey Rooftop, Beatrix, RL Restaurant, GT Fish and Oyster, Big Star, Barcocina, Summer House, ...
couldn't agree more with Bavettes. The best steakhouse in Chicago in my opinion. Lots of good recommendations in the first two posts. Next door to Bavettes they have Gilt Bar which is also excellent.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #5
AWE46M3
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

thanks guys!

i believe i went to bavettes before, i got seated downstairs and it was really dark? my friend recommended me to go David Burke Primehouse? he said he read somewhere that its best steakhouse in US? is there any hole in the wall places you guys recommended. not sure why most of the places on the links above doesnt have too good yelp reviews?

also any recommendations where to go? i went to the museum the first time around and was thinking about going to the zoo? ill be renting a car so anywhere around the area is fine even outside of downtown chicago.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
JDE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWE46M3 View Post
thanks guys!

i believe i went to bavettes before, i got seated downstairs and it was really dark? my friend recommended me to go David Burke Primehouse? he said he read somewhere that its best steakhouse in US? is there any hole in the wall places you guys recommended. not sure why most of the places on the links above doesnt have too good yelp reviews?

also any recommendations where to go? i went to the museum the first time around and was thinking about going to the zoo? ill be renting a car so anywhere around the area is fine even outside of downtown chicago.
David Burke has some of the best aged steaks you can get IMO can't go wrong!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #7
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Best experience is to have brunch at Summer House or Barcocina and then walk/uber to the free outdoor Lincoln Park Zoo and then walk to the lake. Hole in the wall go to Crisp or Kuma's Too. Although I have two BMWs in the city I largely take public transit, uber or walk. The car rental might be more of a hassle.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 06:21 PM   #8
AWE46M3
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

last time I was there I did notice that downtown parking was quite expensive just like downtown in all the big cities. Uber is always an option which isn't an issue. I think I'll go up on that idea and spend an afternoon exploring.
Appreciate 0