BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Ground Control Camber Plates Installed

06-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB

Ground Control Camber Plates Installed

I got these a few weeks ago, I held off on the install because I wasn't sure if I was going to add suspension or not. Decided to stay stock for a bit.

I have used GC parts on three previous track builds so I have confidence in the product already. I'm not going too extreme on my M2 but felt it needed camber.
I reached out to Trevor about plates. I sent him pictures of the car and GC built a few sets. One for me and another went to North Carolina.

Fitment is perfect. GC builds these based on your brand of dampers. Mine were built for the factory setup. Again, perfect fitment.

I drove a bit out of my area to a shop in Burbank, Ca. called Race Werkz Engineering. Casey is quickly developing a good rep here in Socal for car set up (and building). When he mentioned Cal Poly Engineering, I knew I chose my shop wisely.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
mcvaughan704.00
      06-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #2
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

I was waiting or someone to take the plunge. I'm on it. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #3
GCSystems
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsport
I reached out to Trevor about plates. I sent him pictures of the car and GC built a few sets. One for me and another went to North Carolina.

Fitment is perfect. GC builds these based on your brand of dampers. Mine were built for the factory setup. Again, perfect fitment.
Awesome post and review! Glad to hear you're happy with the product. I'd love to see some pictures of the car with the new brakes as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5
I was waiting or someone to take the plunge. I'm on it. Thanks!
Give us call whenever you're ready! The camber plates are usually shipping the same day the order's placed.

Last edited by GCSystems; 06-27-2016 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #4
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Those look nice.
Couple of questions...

What kind of camber range did you end up with?
Easy to set/reset?
If easy, does it mess with toe too much to bother?

I've got one of these cars coming, and don't plan to track it _much_, but I run some pretty substantial camber on the E36 track car to get reasonable tire wear at any road course.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Rob
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 04:04 PM   #5
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsport View Post
I got these a few weeks ago, I held off on the install because I wasn't sure if I was going to add suspension or not. Decided to stay stock for a bit.

I have used GC parts on three previous track builds so I have confidence in the product already. I'm not going too extreme on my M2 but felt it needed camber.

I drove a bit out of my area to a shop in Burbank, Ca. called Race Werkz Engineering. Casey is quickly developing a good rep here in Socal for car set up (and building). When he mentioned Cal Poly Engineering, I knew I chose my shop wisely.
Good find thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #6
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Ordered...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #7
Fullofdays
Private
Rep
Drives: m

I'm the NC guy that ordered a set. Got them in last week... Waiting on MCS 2 ways and Hypercoil springs before I install the camber plates and will be doing a full writeup and review.
      06-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #8
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsport

Looks great! Anybody weirded out by the stock alignment? The toe they call for is strange.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 10:54 PM   #9
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Looks like the same ones for a 2r, tons of threads on 2 addicts with them failing. I went through 4 bearings before I gave up on them. Maybe m2 will have better luck.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #10
GCSystems
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullofdays View Post
I'm the NC guy that ordered a set. Got them in last week... Waiting on MCS 2 ways and Hypercoil springs before I install the camber plates and will be doing a full writeup and review.
Hey NC guy that ordered a set! Any ETA on those MCS? I can't wait to see how the new suspension turns out.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #11
GCSystems
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Ordered...
Shipping today!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 01:10 PM   #12
GCSystems
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn View Post
Those look nice.
Couple of questions...

What kind of camber range did you end up with?
Easy to set/reset?
If easy, does it mess with toe too much to bother?

I've got one of these cars coming, and don't plan to track it _much_, but I run some pretty substantial camber on the E36 track car to get reasonable tire wear at any road course.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Rob
I'm not sure what camber Clubsport ended up going with, but I believe most aggressive street/track guys are going around -2.5° with OE style springs. These plates can be adjusted from stock to about -4° no problem at all. However with OE style springs you'll run into the spring coming in contact with the chassis long before you run out of range of adjustment. These plates are extremely easy to adjust, and can do so without removing anything from car.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 09:10 PM   #13
Fullofdays
Private
Rep
Drives: m

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSystems View Post
Hey NC guy that ordered a set! Any ETA on those MCS? I can't wait to see how the new suspension turns out.
Waiting on a few additional components and a clear schedule to perform the install. Stay tuned. I'm planning on posting a thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 07:39 AM   #14
rjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSystems View Post
I'm not sure what camber Clubsport ended up going with, but I believe most aggressive street/track guys are going around -2.5° with OE style springs. These plates can be adjusted from stock to about -4° no problem at all. However with OE style springs you'll run into the spring coming in contact with the chassis long before you run out of range of adjustment. These plates are extremely easy to adjust, and can do so without removing anything from car.
Thanks. 4 degrees is a great max number if needed, ancient history-wise anyway.
Looking forward to seeing how this platform goes.

Thanks again,
Rob
Appreciate 0