E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > adaptive headlight failure warning - when lights are off

06-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

adaptive headlight failure warning - when lights are off

hi all

my 09 E90 (with xenons) has been displaying the adaptive headlight failure warning occasionally. usually it happened when I switched the lights on to 'auto'.

This morning it came up without the lights being switched on (switch in 'O' position).

It was below 0c this morning but hasn't rained for several weeks. Last night the headlights seemed to be okay (swivelling, auto height, and cornering bulbs were working).

I've seen other threads that mention condensation in the headlight unit, but I couldn't see anything in my headlights..

Please advise me on whether it could be a sensor control unit problem, and how that unit looks, and whether I can access it without taking the whole bumper off?

Also, is it one control unit for the pair of headlights, or does each headlight have its own?

Is it also possible that it's a problem with the car battery (still the original one). I also get this other unrelated comfort access warning that the 'remote key is faulty or not in the car' occasionally (when the key is in the car).

Had the battery load tested and it seemed okay.

many thanks
Appreciate 0