BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Looking to interior swap my coral red interior for black dakota leather

06-30-2016, 08:02 PM   #1
bmw2002
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Looking to interior swap my coral red interior for black dakota leather

Greetings!

I am making this post to figure out if anyone is interested in swapping their black dakota interior for my coral red (from my m235i). I originally made this post on the m235i forum, but decided to also post here in case anyone was interested (I am not opposed to having the dakota leather from the m2!) -- I hope no one minds!

My story:
I recently purchased a slightly used (15,000 miles) m235i from 2014. My initial intent was to find an alpine white on black dakota leather. After a couple of weeks/months of looking, I stumbled upon the perfect car (low mileage, all options I wanted, etc) with a coral red interior. Tired of looking, I decided to go for the car.

Although I have gotten a TON of compliments on the interior (my whole family thinks it looks outstanding, and think I am crazy for wanting to swap it out), a part of me still really wants that crisp AW on black look that I was initially shooting for.

The interior is in absolutely phenomenal condition-- it looks brand new and has heated seats! The previous owner took amazing care of the car (Always garaged, treated the leather every couple of months, etc.). The leather literally shows no signs of wear anywhere and is just under 16,000 miles new. I am also pretty sure that the back and the passenger's side seat were rarely every used.

My location: I can make the swap in either Los Angeles or the SF Bay Area. I will be located in the SF Bay Area until the middle of July. After that, I will move to LA, but plan to come up to the bay once every couple of weeks (2-3 weeks), and can bring the car up if necessary.

I have talked to a friend who works at a body shop and he has assured me that the swap should be extremely straightforward (6-7 or so hours max). All we have to do is change out 4 panels, the armrest, and the seats (the front seats come out real easy). I have also looked at some other forum posts and it seems like these interior swaps are decently common and have turned out very, very successful.

Again I am trying to trade MY coral red interior for a black dakota interior.

Thanks for reading the post. Let me know!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 07:06 AM   #2
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Somebody with an MG cars needs to do this!

MG + red =

In the interest of disclosure, my AW Z4MC had red leather and you could not convince me to switch, love the look.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 08:40 AM   #3
winterrogue_F87
Queen of Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2015 BMW 228xi  [0.00]
My 228xi is coral red and I love it. So having black Dakota is heart breaking for me. I was going to have my leather repair lady dye the seats red. Too bad you are in CA and I'm in NY because I would definitely do that swap instead of the dye. Good luck!
      07-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #4
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87queen View Post
My 228xi is coral red and I love it. So having black Dakota is heart breaking for me. I was going to have my leather repair lady dye the seats red. Too bad you are in CA and I'm in NY because I would definitely do that swap instead of the dye. Good luck!
Just make it happen anyway!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 03:50 PM   #5
bmw2002
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87queen View Post
really wish you were on the west coast too. This would have been absolutely perfect. Good luck with everything!
Appreciate 0