F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Any F32 435i on Bilstein B14 PSS? (Update and mini-review)
GetBMWParts

07-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
Gingerkid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i Coupe

Talking Any F32 435i on Bilstein B14 PSS? (Update and mini-review)

Just wondering what you think of this specific setup, pics appreciated. Also, could the shop get your alignment back in spec? Camber?

UPDATE: Installed last Thursday (7/28), so at this time I'm less than a week in. Hopefully folks will find this informative as there doesn't seem to be many 435i's with this kit. Disclaimer is I'm just the average joe BMW owner, so nothing technical here.

My 435i already sat relatively low compared to others I've seen on the dealer lot and on this forum, but it still had a 3+ finger gap in the front even with spacers to push the wheels out flush. My goal was to firm up the ride and get a modest drop with a quality suspension setup. My car is a daily driver, long commute in Atlanta, no intent on tracking.

In summary, my goal was achieved and I'm pleased with the result.

The drop is very modest as requested, end result of about 0.75" front and 0.25" drop rear. 2 small fingers gap on all four corners. I'm not sure how many turns total are designed into the perches, but I'm 9 turns from lowest on front and 7 turns from lowest on rear. The height is approximately 24.0", give or take 0.125", measured from bottom of wheel to fender on all four corners. Factory wheels and OE sizing on Michelin A/S 3+. H&R spacers 10mm front and 15mm rear.

The ride. It is certainly firm but not uncomfortable. I really noticed it on big speed humps on my commute to the office; the suspension feels stout for lack of a better descriptor. I can hit them with decent speed and there is no bottoming out or crashing. Also, at highway speeds the car seems to 'upset' less over humps or cracks. In corners it feels great although I haven't had a great place to push it yet other than the daily commute. The only negative is a slight reduction in comfort, but I expected it as a trade off. I already felt most cracks, etc, in the road, but now I feel every ripple it seems. My previous vehicle was an Audi A4 with Eibach and Koni FSD's, which always felt soft to me whereas the B14's do not.

Alignment. Front camber ended up at 0.75, with no adjustments that can be made. The driver rear camber was maxed out on lowest setting at 1.9, but there is room to increase if one desired. I've seen varying factory alignment specs from shops and online, but my understanding is I'm close or within desired specs for a daily driver.

I'll update if any other thoughts come to mind. The shop insisted the suspension will 'settle' but to date there hasn't been any measurable changes.

Quick and dirty parking lot iPhone pics, before, after, and alignment. To be candid, the before and after pics don't look very different - but in person it looks great to me.

Before (factory non-Msport):

After:

Rear corner during install process:

Alignment:

Last edited by Gingerkid; 08-04-2016 at 07:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 09:36 PM   #2
ATLBlue
Car OCD
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 EBII F36 430d M Sport

I went for the B16 PSS 10 to be able to adjust the suspension to my liking. With the softer setting, it is as comfortable as the stock suspension (without having the back of the car bouncing like with the stock suspension) and on the track it is stiff and planted with a firmer setting. You can also play with the front vs rear settings to dial (a bit) more or less understeer.
My experience is on an F30, but the F32 should be close enough to reach the same conclusion.
      07-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
Gingerkid
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks ATLBlue... anybody else? H&R Sports plus Bilstein B8 is another option but the cost is comparable. I figure why not go for adjustable ride height, correct?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 09:19 PM   #4
Gingerkid
Private First Class
Rep

Update in original post.
Appreciate 0