Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

07-03-2016, 11:43 PM   #1
simpelton
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Ceramic Brakes Front Wheel Stone Damage

Other threads on the main USA F80 Forum have covered this design fault with the front ceramic brakes. For this reason only I wish I had waited for the zcp's bigger wheels with the ceramics - I assume BMW rectified this fault with the ZCP package.

Anyway this weekend past had a stone stuck in the front left. Has happened before but no visible damage in the past. This time the stone has scoured/scratched the entire circumference of the wheel about 1 cm wide and may be a couple mm deep. No rotor damage I think but will get the service centre to do a detailed inspection.

Anyone with Ceramics in Australia suffered the same? BMW's reception to covering the damage/issue? Seems folks in the US have had mixed reception.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 10:15 PM   #2
Pyrite Brown
Rep
Drives: Pyrite brown M3

Same thing happened to me , but BMW AUS not going to do anything with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #3
simpelton
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrite Brown View Post
Same thing happened to me , but BMW AUS not going to do anything with it.
You spoke to BMW AUS I assume instead of the dealers. That's quite poor as it is a design flaw and should not be regarded as normal wear and tear. Lets see what I can muster. Will DM you with details if they are receptive

UPDATE 1: Dealer is not going to do anything about it. So will push BMW AUS next. If nothing, atleast they know that their customers are not happy about the situation!

Last edited by simpelton; 07-14-2016 at 02:21 AM..
Appreciate 0