E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HELP, Error installing Cobb, Car turned off half way through install

07-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
WhatADream
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan 09'

HELP, Error installing Cobb, Car turned off half way through install

I need help, desperately. I am such an idiot. While installing my Cobb flash onto my 2009 335i Sedan, I was fiddling with my keychain attached to my key, in the key fob. I accidently pressed the key in, which turned the car off, mid way through the install process.
I believe the cobb got as far as downloading the stock software, but did not have a chance to fully install the cobb flash.
I turned it on right away after to complete the flash, and it went into recovery mode and tried to install the software. It said it has been installed, but now Car wont start, but only crank. and the cobb unit does not recognize the car, however; it says that the unit is installed.
Weird. What do I do? I hope someone can help. Thanks.
      07-05-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
Willsbma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatADream
I need help, desperately. I am such an idiot. While installing my Cobb flash onto my 2009 335i Sedan, I was fiddling with my keychain attached to my key, in the key fob. I accidently pressed the key in, which turned the car off, mid way through the install process.
I believe the cobb got as far as downloading the stock software, but did not have a chance to fully install the cobb flash.
I turned it on right away after to complete the flash, and it went into recovery mode and tried to install the software. It said it has been installed, but now Car wont start, but only crank. and the cobb unit does not recognize the car, however; it says that the unit is installed.
Weird. What do I do? I hope someone can help. Thanks.
I'm not familiar with that unit, but is it able to ref lash stock tune?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #3
gabylonfive
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3, 05 Elise

it won't be able to flash anything if the AP doesn't connect with the ECU properly. If it doesn't turn over though it sounds like it completed the first phase of the install (copy stock ecu data) and was beginning to flash whatever map you chose.

I'd send an email to the Cobb guys as they are very responsive.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #4
konvikt21
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Have you tried flashing back to your stock bin? Not sure if you can do it with Cobb, but whenever I've been stuck in recovery mode, I flash my stock bin with bb flash...which gets the ecu back into normal operation.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 12:18 AM   #5
NA55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Try to repeat installation again. I did the same and the AP was able to identify incomplete installation and directed me to restart flashing process..
Appreciate 0