E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New Turbo on 335

07-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #1
thecooltype
drive to survive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540 XI

New Turbo on 335

So I lost power in the car last Monday. I took it in and they said I need new vacuum lines and pressure converter. Mechanic completed the work and apparently the issue was not fixed. They are now saying I need a new turbo. The warranty people are on their way down to verify their claims.

This might be a rhetorical question but should I expect a world of difference in the feel of the car with a new turbo? Engine and tranny is still older and the car has 111K miles.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #2
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooltype
So I lost power in the car last Monday. I took it in and they said I need new vacuum lines and pressure converter. Mechanic completed the work and apparently the issue was not fixed. They are now saying I need a new turbo. The warranty people are on their way down to verify their claims.

This might be a rhetorical question but should I expect a world of difference in the feel of the car with a new turbo? Engine and tranny is still older and the car has 111K miles.
I didn't feel much difference after new turbos but every car is different. The most difference I felt was after walnut blast, new plugs and transmission filter/ fluid service
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 11:18 AM   #3
thecooltype
drive to survive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540 XI

I got it back yesterday and definitely some improvement in the pickup... When I drive in M it does change smoother now which I am not sure yet if I like. I kind of enjoyed when changing gears and I would be the thump/gear change. But more importantly that annoying waste gate rattling is gone.
Appreciate 0