F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Suggestion: Mod option for F30 LCI 330I
proTUNING Freaks

07-07-2016, 03:27 AM   #1
add911_11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

Suggestion: Mod option for F30 LCI 330I

Hello Guys, I have purchased a 330I F30 LCI from Hong Kong. In my first month, I am really enjoying it compared to my old Ford Focus ST (which is on its own a great car but not as refine)

I now have some modification lined up to install the 405m wheels and M performance aero parts (my car already provide the M Sport treatment).

Except the interior upgrades (e.g. 8.8 screen, carbon fiber parts and racing steering), what other performance upgrade people will recommend.

For me, I am happy enough to have better intercooler, charge pipe, and air intake installed. I am not really looking into ECU tuning but rather want my engine to have better (and possibly more durable) parts so my car will less consumable parts failure (and possibly a small additional boost).

Any suggestion? I am open to anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
sushiming
Private
Rep
Drives: E91

I have brought a 328i recently only thing I have done is black kidney grill and carbon wing, looking for some nice 19"
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Most of the mods you've done are cosmetic - are you looking for more cosmetic mods or more performance mods? If the latter, an ECU tune is probably the best way to get more horses out of your engine, probably more bang for buck than intercooler+charge pipe+CAI at the least. Not sure if you can get the MPPK, but that's another option too.
      07-08-2016, 12:37 AM   #4
add911_11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330I M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versipellis View Post
Most of the mods you've done are cosmetic - are you looking for more cosmetic mods or more performance mods? If the latter, an ECU tune is probably the best way to get more horses out of your engine, probably more bang for buck than intercooler+charge pipe+CAI at the least. Not sure if you can get the MPPK, but that's another option too.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes the Mods I have done thus far are for the looks. I am not concerning those at the moment.

I have a quick look online and I don't think there are any ECU tune and/or MPPK kit available for my model yet, right?

Thats why at this moment I may focus on parts upgrade and later do the computer programming.

I also think that having the add-on parts vis-a-vis regular computer tune will still make the car runs fine?
Appreciate 0