THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Survey after service

07-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Survey after service

It's been about 2 months since I had my car serviced (the free, annual oil change, etc.), and I still have not received the official BMW survey that my service agent said I would get. He also said that he would appreciate good marks.

Unfortunately, I can't give my dealer/servicer good marks this time around and I feel that BMW needs to know about this. It wasn't just one thing, but many.

So, about how long after service before the survey arrives?

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #2
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

The dealer may generate the survey. If they know you may be giving a poor rating,you may not receive one.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #3
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I haven't seen a survey in the last three years.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #4
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Same thing when I bought my car. Come D-day I had some seriously poor service, and forwarded a few comments to the sales rep. Never received the "uber important" survey, probably because he just knew it wouldn't be good.

In any event, I did get the car I wanted for a steal. Just poor delivery process/experience which in some cases is the most important part.
      07-07-2016, 06:49 PM   #5
Elvisfan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Same thing when I bought my car. Come D-day I had some seriously poor service, and forwarded a few comments to the sales rep. Never received the "uber important" survey, probably because he just knew it wouldn't be good.

In any event, I did get the car I wanted for a steal. Just poor delivery process/experience which in some cases is the most important part.
I had a good experience. I was out in an hour.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:27 PM   #6
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
LOL exactly!!!!!

They had my car for two months before I picked it up (winter in the mountains). Knew I was coming several days prior. I show up with my boss (potential buyer, X owner of several M cars) and we were disgusted by the fact that the car wasn't washed or vacuumed and had the nerve to say "yea, don't you have a 4 hour drive home, it's gonna get dirty again". Really!!!????? I want a clean car for my 4 hour drive, PLEASE. Also, no tutorial on how things worked (good thing I'm a millennial,hey?) and his overall attitude was "we could have sold this car to anyone else for $5k more". Oh did I mention the fucking battery was dead ?? Good lord, I'm getting all riled up again!

07-07-2016, 08:10 PM   #7
Elvisfan
Major
Rep

Quote:
The car was clean. It had a full tank. They offered "the genius" several times. The paper work took an hour. They only tried to sell me one thing. We have bought a lot of cars. It was one of the better experiences.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:32 PM   #8
Deutsche-Broke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
The car was clean. It had a full tank. They offered "the genius" several times. The paper work took an hour. They only tried to sell me one thing. We have bought a lot of cars. It was one of the better experiences.
Same here.. While I don't think the dealer is, "holding back" from BMWNA for bad experiences, you really have either a TERRIBLE experience, or, have to be a total asshole and they gritted their gold crowns through the experience just to get you off the lot..

Either way, when they tell me about the survey, I just respond, "I'll give them my honest opinion.", and they have been happy with that so far. Luckily, I've had really good experiences with my dealer over the years. I'm far enough away where the transaction is taken care of via e-mail and I don't have to go through the, "Just stop by.. Have you seen the new M4?, here's Staci.. Can she get you a Mocha?", schmooz bullshit..

Last two surveys showed up about a month after delivery. I personally believe that BMWNA does a pretty decent job of keeping the dealers in check. YES... There are exceptions in certain locales and we've all seen the videos of techs beating the piss out of customer vehicles, but fortunately, I haven't had to deal with any of them..

I have a great sales person and treat him right.. He does the exact same for me when I come calling for a new model..

Again, all my opinion...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 06:31 AM   #9
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
LOL exactly!!!!!

They had my car for two months before I picked it up (winter in the mountains). Knew I was coming several days prior. I show up with my boss (potential buyer, X owner of several M cars) and we were disgusted by the fact that the car wasn't washed or vacuumed and had the nerve to say "yea, don't you have a 4 hour drive home, it's gonna get dirty again". Really!!!????? I want a clean car for my 4 hour drive, PLEASE. Also, no tutorial on how things worked (good thing I'm a millennial,hey?) and his overall attitude was "we could have sold this car to anyone else for $5k more". Oh did I mention the fucking battery was dead ?? Good lord, I'm getting all riled up again!

I never let them wash my car. I own a detailing business and I know what they do. Dirty towels, brushes (can you say swirls). The other issues were not good especially the comments and dead battery. I have had fantastic service with my 2 bimmers. I would write a letter to BNW, forget their rating survey.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #10
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

The power of a survey. Give them what they deserve.

All business, no b.s.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #11
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

They probably made it so you didn't get one.

Either they know they F'd up and don't want your (bad) survey OR you're a douche and they don't want your (bad) survey.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 08:16 PM   #12
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
They probably made it so you didn't get one.

Either they know they F'd up and don't want your (bad) survey OR you're a douche and they don't want your (bad) survey.
Really? I'm a douche?

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt, knucklehead.

The fact is, their service (unlike my first year service) sucked. Oil on engine covers; streaked windows (the car was cleaner before they washed it); small scratch in driver's door; long, long wait at cashier/receptionist station; parts guy ignored me while he BS'd with a co-worker; no promised phone call when parts I ordered arrived, etc.

If I'm a douche for thinking this was poor service, so be it.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 09:33 PM   #13
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Really? I'm a douche?

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt, knucklehead.

The fact is, their service (unlike my first year service) sucked. Oil on engine covers; streaked windows (the car was cleaner before they washed it); small scratch in driver's door; long, long wait at cashier/receptionist station; parts guy ignored me while he BS'd with a co-worker; no promised phone call when parts I ordered arrived, etc.

If I'm a douche for thinking this was poor service, so be it.
There was an option before the "you're a douche" option.

You choosing what you wanted to read and point out is your fault, not mine.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 09:46 PM   #14
B_Rice
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6spd Estoril Blue M235i

They usually send it in a week or two after your visit. I'd recommend taking up to the General manager or writing a yelp review, since giving a bad survey usually fucks over the whole store rather than just the select few that gave you a bad experience.
      07-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #15
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Rice View Post
They usually send it in a week or two after your visit. I'd recommend taking up to the General manager or writing a yelp review, since giving a bad survey usually fucks over the whole store rather than just the select few that gave you a bad experience.
Good point.
Appreciate 0