E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 06 325 water pump diy

07-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
gotturbo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 335I

06 325 water pump diy

Ok, so I'm no stranger to searching and I'm doing that, trust me. While I am I was hoping you fine folks could help me a bit too and save me a little time. Got family in town and goings on with that and now a new friend I met with my sons all star team is taking me up on trying to save some money over dealer water pump install on his e90. Please send any links you have to what you think is the best diy write up on this. 06, 325i.... Any links on best prices for pump, thermostat, hoses, bolts, if needed would be so helpful. I'm kind of in a research time crunch. He said he'd let whoever has it and quoted him $1070 know by the morning if he was gonna let them do it or not. Wanna be able to tell him what I think I can save him by the end of the night. I figure if I get 200 bucks to install and it takes me all day I'm fine. Thanks in advance! My wifi is out along with my water as I arrived home. Lol. So I'm crippled a bit too right now. No Mac, no iPad, just the damn phone! Did get the water main leak fixed though!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

There are many subforums here

There are many subforums here

like a maintenance and DIY forum
I would also search ytube and places
like pelican parts and turner motor sports
for DIY and complete kits.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

parts should be 400 to 600 for a wp pump and
thermostat kit.

Last edited by ctuna; 07-18-2016 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Try this. You can print it.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Water Pump_T-stat DIY.pdf (110.6 KB, 47 views)
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #4
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

I purchased the kit from OEM Bimmerparts for $385.

https://www.oembimmerparts.com/BMW-E...7586925kit.htm

I used the bavarian autosports video that ctuna linked to, and it's very good, follow the video, and you shouldn't have any issues. The only difficult part is the one bolt that is accessed behind the thermostat housing - it's the one that he uses an extension, and universal on. That was a pain, but other than that, the job was pretty easy.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 05:45 AM   #5
gotturbo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 335I

Thank you so much for your replies! I didn't realize Otto had a video, I like his videos. Very thorough yet he still expects you to not be an idiot. As I was pricing parts on bavauto I used basically the non bmw parts and it was like $413 not counting coolant.. Not bad.
Unfortunately, my friend decided to take the path of get it done tomorrow and not wait till the parts came in and do it on Saturday. I had told him I would charge him $200 max for labor and maybe less if it went fairly good and nothing stupid came up. Which would have been about $650 total instead of $1070. I told him to make sure they were doing the thermostat for that price! Oh well, I am well armed with info now for when I get to do this lovely joy of e90 ownership to my car someday! Lol.
Appreciate 0