F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > My first BMW project
proTUNING Freaks

07-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
js 84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 2012 320d

My first BMW project

Hi Everyone. Have been lurking in this forum for a while since joining the club with my first BMW. After owning the car for 3.5 years I had a dilemma whether to keep the car for long-term or purchase new one. Although I will reach 100k miles this year with my F30, based on the inspirations in this forum, I decided to keep the car and start my first modification project ever. As it went along I was getting more and more excited about my next modifications and I am really loving the whole process of finding the right parts from different suppliers from different EU countries. Thus there is something thrilling about waiting for the parts to arrive, unpacking and not knowing, how the end result will feel, whether I will like it or not. These are my mods and my impressions of them:
- BMW M-Performance exhaust tips First thing I did was get rid of the ugly 320d single pipe and exchanged for the M-Perf exhaust tips.
- MPSS tires - this is my favourite modification up until now. The car sticks to the road like glue.
- BMW M-Performance alctantara/carbon fibre interior trim – I decided to try my first DIY for the interior kit and it was good fun and quite easy job ~40 without proper tools.
- BMW M-Performance steering wheel with display – This is a fun toy for lonely hours behind the wheel. Acceleration measurement was actually useful to the results before and after power increase. 0.8 sec difference to 100 km/h
- BMW M-Performance orange brake kit – The stopping power is really great and good upgrade from my standard brakes. There is little less initial bite from the M-Perf pads, but not an issue for me, thus in city traffic you can drive smoother.
- Power bump to 225 hp and 450nm with ECU-Flash Definitely can feel the difference. Should have done this mode since the very beginning.
Mods that are still on my list:
- Suspension – Currently have standard suspension, which is tooooo soft and spongy. I originally wanted to go with B6 with OEM springs and already placed the order, as I did not want to lower my car, because we have really bad roads here. However as the delivery time was only end of September, and I cannot wait that long , I am now checking whether I can get Bilstein B14 coilover kit, it is only slightly more expensive, however this is complete set with springs and most likely I will have better results. Currently this looks most likely option. I am interested to find out how in the end B14 will work on our roads, as we have one of the most terrible roads in EU.
- Carbon fibre Rear diffuser, if someone can suggest good supplier within EU it would be nice. Currently found only suppliers outside EU and would like to avoid the hustle with customs.
- Active sound exhaust system for the N47, this will go with original M-Performance parts.
- 19’ wheels for next summer. I am looking at Z-Performance ZP.01 Concave/Gunmetal wheels. 8.5x 19’ ETA 35 235/40 front and 9.5x19’ ETA 40 265/35 rear. As far as I have read in the forum, there should be no problems or rubbing with this setup. I really want to avoid rubbing. Can anyone comment? Has anyone purchased these wheels?
- Carbon fibre front lip - This is still under question mark, depending on the suspension set up. If I go with B14, this is out of question.
Below find some iPhone picture. I am planning to take proper pictures after I get coilover kit installed. Then will keep you updated with pictures and impressions.
If you have any suggestions what other modifications I should do or have any questions, please let me know.
And I apologize for the long write-up!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-26-2016, 03:18 PM   #2
.BMW.
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11/F31

Nice mod list.

Car looks great!
Appreciate 0