F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > H&R Sport Springs w/DHP
ARMA SPEED

07-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
frenchfries
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

H&R Sport Springs w/DHP

I just purchased H&R sport springs for my 335i w/ DHP. Is there anything else i should be aware of for this setup? tips? I'm having a local shop do it for me.

I'm planning to have the Shockware tune later down the road.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Did they come with shorter rear bumpstops ?

If not fit oem e36 m3 evolution bunpstops
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #3
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post

Does that apply to any aftermarket springs with OEM shocks? And should you just replace the rears? I'm seriously considering ACS springs for my edc 340xi (will get shockware as well) and am trying to figure out what to do with the bumpstops to avoid premature wear on the OEM edc shocks. If you can direct me to more info on this I'd appreciate it. ACS (Lorcan) says the stock bumpstops are fine for whatever that's worth.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 11:39 AM   #4
jww///95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31xd | f80m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfries
I just purchased H&R sport springs for my 335i w/ DHP. Is there anything else i should be aware of for this setup? tips? I'm having a local shop do it for me.

I'm planning to have the Shockware tune later down the road.
Either cut down the bumpstops or search for the thread where someone figured out part numbers that were comparable to the Dinan bumpstop kit.

Not required but it's a ride quality issue as you do t want the bumpstops engaged at or near static ride height.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #5
jww///95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31xd | f80m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post

Does that apply to any aftermarket springs with OEM shocks? And should you just replace the rears? I'm seriously considering ACS springs for my edc 340xi (will get shockware as well) and am trying to figure out what to do with the bumpstops to avoid premature wear on the OEM edc shocks. If you can direct me to more info on this I'd appreciate it. ACS (Lorcan) says the stock bumpstops are fine for whatever that's worth.
Does not matter if factory dampers or aftermarket. Bumpstop length should be matched to spring rate and length.

As noted above its a ride quality issue as well as to avoid the "crash" of bottoming out a damper or coil binding a spring. Will not extend damper life.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 02:47 AM   #6
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nodge View Post
I would be inclined to fit shorter bumpstops for shorter springs. If wanting OEM then part numbers for MP suspension are 33502411196

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0