E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Problems after disconnecting battery terminal. Help needed please.

08-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
Ryanrs
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 325d msport

Problems after disconnecting battery terminal. Help needed please.

Hi need some help!

A couple of weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and install a subwoofer and amplifier to 'jazz up' the sound system a bit.

The install was successful however I made a boo boo that's now causing me Grief. Basically when I removed the bolt securing the battery positive terminal so as to fit the amplifier live, the terminal slipped for a fraction of a second and shut down the car (which was running at the time).

The car runs fine still however it has developed some irritating faults which are:

The angel eye drl's don't come on even tho ticked 'on' in idrive .
The front fogs are stuck on and the fog toggle switch does nothing other than illuminate / de illuminate the dash fog indicator.

The windows are all out of sync, I performed the window reset procedure which restored 1-touch (2nd click on the window switches) however the 'st click on the front window buttons for "manual window open/shut" does nothing.

When operating the hood, whether using the key fob or Internal button, the roof unlatches but only the rear windows roll down, then the roof won't open. I have to re-latch the roof and manually lower the front windows using the door window switch, then I can use the roof folding buttons.

I'd say there is simply two separate issues here, window sync and drl/fogs.

Any help at all with sorting these issues would be much appreciated.

Car is a LCI 2011 325D Msport e93

Thanks

Ryan
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 12:59 PM   #2
robthewrench
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 335i

Not directly related to your issue, but you should be really careful disconnecting the positive terminal first. The rule about batteries is disconnect ground first and reconnect last.

By removing the positive terminal while the negative is still connected, you create the opportunity for any part of your body touching the car to the be the path of least resistance to ground. If you do ground the battery in this way, you could get a really nasty burn.
      08-04-2016, 08:52 PM   #3
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Possibly damaged your FRM module. I bricked mine by simply reconnecting the negative terminal on my battery. Had no working windows, interior lights and headlights were stuck in safety (always on) mode. Ended up buying a new one and having it recoded. Your issues almost seem like it lost its coding rather than being bricked.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 09:05 PM   #4
blue335xi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrs View Post
Hi need some help!

A couple of weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and install a subwoofer and amplifier to 'jazz up' the sound system a bit.

The install was successful however I made a boo boo that's now causing me Grief. Basically when I removed the bolt securing the battery positive terminal so as to fit the amplifier live, the terminal slipped for a fraction of a second and shut down the car (which was running at the time).

The car runs fine still however it has developed some irritating faults which are:

The angel eye drl's don't come on even tho ticked 'on' in idrive .
The front fogs are stuck on and the fog toggle switch does nothing other than illuminate / de illuminate the dash fog indicator.

The windows are all out of sync, I performed the window reset procedure which restored 1-touch (2nd click on the window switches) however the 'st click on the front window buttons for "manual window open/shut" does nothing.

When operating the hood, whether using the key fob or Internal button, the roof unlatches but only the rear windows roll down, then the roof won't open. I have to re-latch the roof and manually lower the front windows using the door window switch, then I can use the roof folding buttons.

I'd say there is simply two separate issues here, window sync and drl/fogs.

Any help at all with sorting these issues would be much appreciated.

Car is a LCI 2011 325D Msport e93

Thanks

Ryan

Try disconnecting battery for few hours this my clear the fault that is stored in computer. and check all fuses.
Appreciate 0