F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > MPS shocks without swaybars
GetBMWParts

08-09-2016, 08:15 PM   #1
nvidia
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

MPS shocks without swaybars

Looking at the specs of the standard vs m/sport sway bars, the stock sway bars are only 1mm smaller in diameter than the m/sport bars on both the front and rear. Is it really necessary to change them out? What would happen if I just installed the MPS shocks/springs while keeping the standard roll bars? I can not see how 1mm of diameter difference can cause the MPS suspension to be incompatible? Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jet Black 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia View Post
Looking at the specs of the standard vs m/sport sway bars, the stock sway bars are only 1mm smaller in diameter than the m/sport bars on both the front and rear. Is it really necessary to change them out? What would happen if I just installed the MPS shocks/springs while keeping the standard roll bars? I can not see how 1mm of diameter difference can cause the MPS suspension to be incompatible? Anyone?
Bump. Essentially the same question but in regards to installing coilovers with a 25mm drop compared to the base suspension. While beefier swaybars themselves are pretty cheap, it sounds like the front and rear subframes need to be dropped for the install... which just sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
Appreciate 0