E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Battery replacement questions (where does this plug go?).

08-09-2016, 10:09 PM   #1
EdmJunky
El Jefey
Rep
Drives: 09 E90

Battery replacement questions (where does this plug go?).

I'm replacing my battery and (queue the flames) I've forgotten where a specific plug goes and I can't for the life of me remember where I unplugged it from. I know, I know I'm an idiot haha. Below are pics of the wire I am referring to, it is the one I'm holding in my hand. Just need to know where it goes.

Part 2 of my question is this. The battery I'm replacing my old oem battery with is and Autozone duralast gold h8-dlg(http://www.autozone.com/batteries-st...2331_729082_0/)

I'm concerned about this because of all the horror stories I've read regarding to registering/programming a new battery, which I'm still not entirely 100% on as people seem to have differing takes on what the proper procedure for this is. My other concern is the oem battery rating vs the duralast batter. the duralast battery shows a cca rating for "bci" and "en", where as the oem only seems to show "en"??? Below is a pic of the oem and above is a link to the specs from autozone.com for the duralast battery.

Note: I also cannot find the AH rating for the autozone h8-dlg anywhere.

Last edited by EdmJunky; 08-09-2016 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 11:19 PM   #2
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

The wire doesn't go anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 08:23 AM   #3
EdmJunky
El Jefey
Rep
Drives: 09 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
The wire doesn't go anywhere.
You are sure of this? I remember having unplugged that from something, maybe a dummy connector somewhere acting as a placeholder...

Can anyone offer some input on whether the duralast gold h8-dlg will be fine, what's throwing me off is the two different cca ratings (bci and en) and the missing AH rating info on the duralast's spec sheet. See oem battery screenshot in my first post, and the duralast battery spec sheet below. Thanks guys! My car has been down now for about a week and I need to get it back up and running .

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 12:53 PM   #4
BOTUS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335d

any use

http://www.batterysales.com/download...-1994-2013.pdf
Appreciate 0