E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Front door speaker connection, 2006 E90 320d

08-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #1
tadaska
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 320D ES

Front door speaker connection, 2006 E90 320d

Hi guys,

I've replacing my front door panel (UK drivers side) and there are two identical connections on the speaker right next to each other but only one wire plug coming from the door. Which one do I plug it in to? I just can't remember where it was plugged in...

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 12:13 PM   #2
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Most probably one goes to the Tweeter sail and the other one goes to the amp. You should be able to follow the one for the Tweeter sail up to the a pillar

Edit
I think that the connection is parallel and so you just plug both into the mid range
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:19 PM   #3
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

the wire coming from the door goes into the midrange and the wire coming from the tweeter also goes to the midrange. it's a parallel connection. as long as they fit, it doesn't matter which one is plugged into which slot.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #4
tadaska
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 320D ES

Since there was no fast reply I just plugged it randomly into one of the two slots. There is only one wire and it's coming from the door. Actually, I think it's two wires twisted together and ending with a small blue plug, as each of the two slots for the blue plug has 2 pins. It seems to be working. Don't know what parallel means but if I understand you guys correctly either slot is fine?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 04:48 PM   #5
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadaska View Post
Since there was no fast reply I just plugged it randomly into one of the two slots. There is only one wire and it's coming from the door. Actually, I think it's two wires twisted together and ending with a small blue plug, as each of the two slots for the blue plug has 2 pins. It seems to be working. Don't know what parallel means but if I understand you guys correctly either slot is fine?
parallel means they share the same connection to each terminal (positive and positive together and negative and negative together). i am guessing you have the base system with no tweeters.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0